One Week One Shots: #2

Plot: Obito hated the way how Kakashi was always better than everyone at everyone

Plot: Obito hated the way how Kakashi was always better than everyone at everyone. Kakashi hated Obito's never-ending optimism and naivety. Obito hated Kakashi's superior attitude and poker face. Karachi hated Obito's lack of punctuality and all his excuses. Obito hated seeing Kakashi's face when his father Sakumo was mentioned. And Kakashi hated seeing Obito chase after Rin all the time. Obito and Kakashi hated everything about each other, so why did everyone else think otherwise? Warning! Yaoi!

Chapter 1:

Hatake Kakashi sat at the dining table, awaiting his father's return from his mission. It would be the highlight of his day, hearing about his father's successful mission. It made his heart swell with pride and joy.

Hatake Sakumo, also known as the White Fang of Konoha, was one of the villages' best Jounins. When Kakashi went to the academy, the teachers would ask about Sakumo's most recent success, and it made him feel good to know that his father was such a well-liked and respected person in the village just as he was in the house. 

It was always just him and his father, since his mother passed away when he was very young. He didn't have many memories of her, but his father told him enough stories that he knew his mother for who she was.

The door swung open, and Kakashi grinned under his mask, walking up to him, expecting Sakumo's tired yet warm smile. Instead, Kakashi's dark eyes widened at the sight of Sakumo's distraught and empty face, eyes void of emotion and face pale as a ghost.

"Otou-san?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uchiha Obito was a member of the prestigious Uchiha Clan, infamous for their dojutsu, the Sharingan, and for being an elite clan that only produced the best of the best in the ninja world.

Obito's family was not that closely related with the clan leader's, the main family, but they were closer to the main family by blood than a majority of the clan. His father and mother were part of the fronts in the war between Konoha and Iwa, and had gone down fighting like truly brave and honourable shinobi. Grandmother had cared for him his whole life. 

"Who do I take after more, Baa-chan?" Obito asked often. 

Grandmother would smile warmly at him and reply as she always did. "You take after them both. There would be no bigger honour in their name than you becoming the great shinobi they always knew you'd be."

It was the answer that Obito looked forward to every time she was asked so. It was the words of encouragement which was also his motivation and drive. It was why no matter what everyone said about him, he would never give up.

Getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, he saw the lights in the living room still alight. Sneaking a peek, he watched and listened as the Head of the Clan spoke to grandmother.

"Tai-san, I know you have full confidence in Obito, but the teachers in the Academy have reported that he is not showing any sign of being an elite ninja like other Uchihas."

"Obito is just a late bloomer."

"He is four. Most of the children show excellent skill at three."

"So he's one year late. I trust that he will do the clan proud."

The clan leader sighed into his palm. "Tai-san, I respect you, I really do. But Obito just doesn't show the same promise as the other children. We could move his custody over to his uncles, who could tutor him--"

"Forget it!" Grandmother snapped. "I am Obito's guardian, and I have final say in this. Obito his a child, not a simple weapon for the clan and village. I won't let you send him to one of the Uchiha Police members to train him until he's all beat up! I will not stand for it!"

Obito held his breath as the clan leader stood and turned to the door. "Please, consider it, Tai-san. It is what's best for Obito."

"I know what's best for my own grandson."

Slipping towards the bathroom, where he originally intended on going, Obito swallowed harshly as the clan leader's words about his lack of talent echoed in his head. 

"I'm not a failure," he mumbled to himself, head in his hands, trying to stop the tears from falling. "I'm not."

A/N: What? It's not my fault they live in a time of war. War is always depressing! Anyways, I hope you guys loved this one. This one is for all you yaoi lovers! Warning, there will be some pretty mature stuff in it if you guys choose this one, so people under 15, please hold yourself.

Note: If you guys are looking for good fanfics, I will be posting a new book with recommendations soon. Look out for it, it's called 'Must Reads On Various Websites: Naruto Edition'. Love you all!