One Week One Shots: #4

Plot: Orochimaru always had an obsession with immortality and white snakes

Plot: Orochimaru always had an obsession with immortality and white snakes. He wanted to resemble the very symbol of rebirth. But then Sarutobi-sensei introduced him to a girl. The girl had showed up in the village just yesterday, injured, and surrounded by a shield of black coated animals, as if they were trying to shield her. As it turns out, not everything is black and white.

Prologue:

Black.

It was the only kind she was ever shown.

Her parents would have their own colours. Her mother had white, and her father brown, but she was the only one of her clan with black. Of course, her kekkei genkai is a gift, but the fact that the colour she was blessed with was black scared the rest of the clan. Black animals were considered bad omens, after all.

The people of her village considered her clan one of their most precious assets, but not her. She was the mistake, the accident, their symbol of bad luck. She was the clan's black sheep, and she was the village's most despised person. 

So she grew up with the comfort of her animals. Her friends and only allies. The black cats would warm her nights, curling around her like the world's warmest blanket. The crows flew overhead and led her to the most beautiful wild flowers and the most potent herbs for her to use. When she got hurt, the Spiders would weave their thin, silky web around the wound, like nurturing mothers. The occasional butterfly would show up in her personal garden and remain there for several days, pollinating her entire garden and laying their eggs. A rare black weasel came to her one day when she was alone in the forest, as she had fallen into a hole, and had been with her ever since.

I suppose you get the idea.

But that just wasn't enough. 

The more the villagers and the clan ignored and hurt her, the more black animals came to her aid. At one point, it went too far. Black wolves, panthers, bears, snakes, and several colonies of black ants swarmed the village, proving to be a danger to the civilians. 

So they decided to finally get rid of her. 

The Kawakage ordered her banishment from the village, and the villagers chased her out. As soon as she stepped off of the country's borders. The animals all surrounded her, accompanied her through her journey for a new home. 

In the day, they were her conversationalists. They sniffed out food, but never hunted, as she was a vegetarian, and they respected that. They would help her learn to survive in the wild on her own, in the worse case scenario that something happened to them all. 

At night, the ones covered in fur became her blanket. Those nocturnal kept an eye out for any signs of danger. Those who flew would fly ahead to find the fastest and safest route to use when the sun rose. 

In the end, she didn't care where she ended up anymore. Her animals became her home, her family, and her entire life's purpose. 

And then she was attacked. 

She recognised them through their headbands. They were Shinobi from Kawagakure. The shinobi from her old village. The charged and attacked mercilessly. The leader of the group was a male, and he was from a clan whose kekkei genkai has excellent control over their chakra. With swift movement, all three shinobi had surrounded her, and were ready to strike.

It wasn't all that strange. For one, she had been banished from the village, so she was no longer a part of their village and therefore considered enemy ninja. Furthermore, they hated her, like everybody else from Kawagakure. 

The only female of the group released a wind justu she didn't recognised, and her voice screamed in pain as the justu cut her pale skin everywhere. Her animals were powerless against the powerful justus they used.

She saw her sight darkening slowly, and voices of foreign ninja echoing in her ears, before she lost her consciousness. 

A/N: Sorry again for the short chapter and late update. I promise I'll be more punctual next time. Love you guys. Please don't quit on me, that would make me super sad. TT. Bye!!!