Chapter 3

Veronica's POV
"Ok so what's the deal with them?" I asked Kevin as soon as we were out of earshot of everyone else
"Who?" He asked clueless, I sighed. "You know who (Y/N) and Jughead."
"Oh well she has a crush on him clearly but it's hard to say if it's mutual personally I think it is."

"I agree we need proof though."
"The easiest way to get that is through Archie if Jughead is gonna talk about it with anyone it's gonna be him." Kevin said 
"Perfect I can get Archie to talk to Jughead no problem."
"Veronica Lodge are you playing matchmaker?"
"Just a little bit." I admitted.
"I'm glad we're friends" Kevin said as we walked into our next class.

Jugheads POV
Typical Archie to swoop in not even a day after she moves back here and makes a move.
I don't even know why it's bothering me so much I mean she's not my girlfriend and she never was so I have no right to tell her who she should and shouldn't date. I ditched Archie to head to my next class before he could notice, thankfully I was alone and could think by myself.

Growing up it's always been me, Archie, Betty and (Y/N) but me and (Y/N) were closer just like Archie and Betty were closer so I feel like I should protect her from anyone that tries to hurt her. Archie always means well but his relationships don't typically last that long and I don't want her getting caught in that crossfire. 

I somehow managed to get though class even though 90% of my concentration and focus wasn't on the class but on (Y/N) who as been taking up a lot of my thoughts in such a short span of time that she has returned.  I walked into my last class and smiled when I saw (Y/N) sitting in a desk.  I took a sit across from her but as usual her head was down doodling away on a piece of paper.

"So how's your first day going so far?" Her head shot up surprised probably then looked at me.
"Good I mean it's easier when you have friends who can help you I'm just glad you and me share a class together and it's English so this is gonna be fun." It is (Y/N) and I share a passion for books, so when you stick two book nerds in a class full of teenagers who haven't picked up a book in how long or don't care they will survive together.

"Definitely I don't even think half of these people can even name a Shakespeare play."
"Oh but I disagree they will name Romo and Juliet and ask "is that the one where they bang and then die at the end?" Like really that's all you grasped from that?"
I laughed (Y/N) could sit and talk to you about literature for hours or she will be drawing away. 

The class started and when we were given our assigned book the class ground while me and (Y/N) shared a smirk that said promises of book clubs and many discussions about the book.  After class me and (Y/N) started walking down the hall then we herd a voice call out.

"Oh (Y/N)!"
"Oh joy" (Y/N) mumbled as the person who matched the voice came walking up to us turning out to be Cheryl in her cheerleader uniform.

"You didn't think you were going to get through a day of school without me noticing did you?" She asked when she approached us.
"I was hopping so" (Y/N) replied.
"Well too bad so your back that's great."
"Yeah I'm sure your thrilled to have me back Cheryl one more person for you to torment." I tried my hardest to hold back a laugh Cheryl looked at me annoyed then back at (Y/N).

"So why move back?"
"No big deal Cheryl it was only a temporary move anyway I wasn't pregnant or sent away for rehab or whatever is cooking up in that brain of yours."
"Well welcome back then and hope to see you soon" she then bounced off to practice leaving me and (Y/N) alone agin (Y/N) scoffed.

"Does that girl have anything else to do other then torture people I mean I know her brother died but shouldn't she be handling it a bit.... differently."

"(Y/N) if I spent time wondering about Cheryl Blossoms life well then I really hit rock bottom." she laughed. "True anyway I should be getting home I have lots of homework to catch up on but I'll see you at Archie's?"
"Definitely" she smiled and gave me a hug that caught me by surprise but I hugged back noticing how nice she smelt, her hair felt so soft as it brushed past me, her skin felt so soft I wonder if her lips felt the same way wait what. She broke away and waved as  she walked in the opposite direction then me. Leaving me alone with my thoughts

I walked back to Archie's slowly thinking about (Y/N). I've never felt this away about anyone before, usually I stay away from socializing as much as possible but with (Y/N) I almost... crave it it's like anytime we aren't talking or texting or anything I miss her. What does this mean?

Archie's POV
Practice ran later then I thought I texted (Y/N) telling her there was no time to hang today with homework I have she replied 'no problem'. I told her I would bring my laptop tomorrow so we could listen to music then, she seemed content with that.

I got home and noticed my dad was out probably working. There was some pizza on the counter probably from Jughead since there were only a couple slices left. I took the slices, put them on a plate and headed up to my room. There was Jughead laying on his makeshift bed with a book in his hands, this was the first time I've seen him since lunch did I do something?

"Hey Jughead how's it going?" No response
"So (Y/N) is back again that's awesome I mean she looks great" I saw his shoulders tighten.
"So I bet you two have a lot to catch up on." Again radio silence ok that's the way he wants it.  I started to take out my books to work on homework.

"Just don't break her heart."
"What?" I answered.
"(Y/N) if your gonna ask her out just let her down easily you know when it's over"
"Jug what are you talking about? I wasn't going to ask out (Y/N)" I replied. He put down his book and stared at me clearly angry.
"Oh really so when you asked her to come her and listen to music with you that wasn't a ploy to get closer with your guitar and your singing that will sure get her all doe eyed and fall for you and..."
"Wait Jughead are you jealous? Do you like (Y/N)?" I asked in disbelief I mean I always joked around about him having a crush on her but that's all it was a joke I never thought it could be true.

"What no I'm just looking out for her.. as her friend" he then sat back down clearly done with this conversation.
"All right man but once you're done building up that wall you might want to try letting some people break it down."

I spent a hour on my homework before getting ready for bed. I lied there trying to fall asleep when I herd

"She smelt nice today I noticed it today. Like Pops milkshakes, chocolate she always gets chocolate."
"I remember."
"What do I do."
"About what?"
"(Y/N) she's in my head all day just what she's doing, who she's with, what she's thinking of, I always want to be with her, hugging her, talking to her."
"That my friend are symptoms of love." 
"Well love sucks" I laughed.
"It does" I cleard my throat wanting to  ask something a bit more personal not knowing how he'll take it.

"Have you ever kissed her."
"No but I thought about it."
"You should do it you know before someone else tries to."
"Yeah.. that won't be you right" I laughed.
"No dude promise."
"Ok... you won't tell anymore about this right."
"Your secret is safe with me." I meant it to along with being a better musician I also wanted to be a better friend and friends keep secrets. I just hope (Y/N) finds out about this particular secret soon.