Chapter 25: Stubbornness Gets You No Where

~~~~~~~~~~~~Harry’s Pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“If there is some way to get Sara back, I’m going to do it.” The guys and I were in the 1D car driving to an interview.

“Laddie, I know you have feelings for the gal, but what if this is all for nothing.” I shot Niall a look. Usually he takes my side on my decisions.

“I agree with Niall. What makes her so different from all the other girls you’ve wooed for the past year?” I didn’t really know. She was just special. She’s down to earth, beautiful, modest, innocent, amazing. She doesn’t know how unique she really is. I feel like I make her realize how extraordinary she is. Really, words can’t describe her. I think about her constantly, always wondering if she’s thinking about me too. I really, sincerely, with all of my heart that’s aching, love her.

“Louis. When you first met Eleanor you fell for her instantly. You became this romantic retard that would say and do everything just to show her that you fancy her and even better, love her. That’s exactly how I feel about Sara. I would go around the whole world just to make her happy. I would give up everything just to make sure she was happy. She has completely changed me. I feel so free around her; I can speak my mind without her judging me. She she’s me for me. I don’t have to pretend around her. With my whole perspective in life, she has to be the only one in my life that will make me happy. I can’t see myself without her.”

“Wow. Well when you put it that way, your reasoning makes sense. But I don’t want you to get hurt. As of right now she doesn’t seem too interested in you. Just be careful. Oh and by the way, didn’t appreciate you using the “Eleanor Card”. I hate it when you do that, but if you two are for real; you better not drop her when we leave in 2 days.”

“I already asked her to come on tour with us.”

“Well maybe she doesn’t feel that way now. Maybe she’s been playing you this whole time.”

“Liam. Please don’t tell me that.  And when we kiss I can tell she fancies me.”

“Just giving you a real opinion.”

The car arrived at the studio. I really hope everyone will tune in. We already tweeted as much as possible. So a lot of our “fans” should be listening.

We were just about to be announced on the show.

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

“What would you do if you were in my shoes Zayn? Really.”

“Just making sure you’re not going to do something stupid just because you pissed at Sara for breaking up with her. You’ve really been on edge and snappy with everyone since last night.”

“Well duh. She dumped me after telling me she loved me. It hurts.”

“Kay, lad. Just checking.”

“GIVE IT UP FOR ONE DIRECTION!!”

“Show time guys.” Liam gave us all a reassuring look. We all stepped out from behind the curtain and the crowd went wild. Girls screaming on the top of their lungs, crying, and saying all our names at once. I used to enjoy girls falling at my feel. Always entertained me because it made me feel so cocky and powerful. Haha, yeah I was pretty cocky for a while. No wonder people called me a flirt, but today it annoyed me. I was so pissed at every single girl that screamed my name out.

We took our seats by a lady named Candice. After the crowd went quiet Candice started to speak. “So boys. Why the surprise visit? Don’t get me wrong, I love having you guys on the show, but isn’t it your day off?” Liam sighed and said “Yeah it is our day off, but we had a small problem yesterday and we thought it would be best to tell everyone what we thought about it. See one of our lads have fallen in love with this amazingly beautiful girl and well he wants to show her and everyone else how much he really loves her.” Every girl was on the edge of their seats waiting to hear who the band member was and who this mysteriously lucky girl was.

“Well, Liam I did hear a little rumor last night that Harry had a secret girlfriend and they were chilling at the beach yesterday. Did you guys hear about that too?” She moved her body to look at the audience. They went wild, but you could hear a few boo’s. I didn’t like that one bit. Seriously, not like I am going to fall in love with everyone girl in here.  Most girls though were screaming “I WAS HARRY’S SECRET! I WANNA BE YOUR LOVER! I LOVE YOU HARRY!” I don’t know what made me snap, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. This is for you Sara. I stood up and turned to the audience and started

“PLEASE GIRLS CALM YOURSELF!” That got their attention. I tried to be kind when I said it, but you could hear the frustration and anger in my voice.

“Yes, I have fallen for a girl. No she’s not one of you people. He name is Sara and I have to say you guys were not very polite to her yesterday and you should be ashamed for how rude and bitchy you were to her. We’re all human and have feelings and the nasty things you tweeted and wrote was horrible. I couldn’t believe that my so called “fans” said that. If you guys really love One Direction, then you will respect us and agree with our decisions. I mean really, Louis and Liam had girlfriends and I didn’t see you guys ranting about how stupid and ugly they were. You realized that they loved their girlfriends and became fans of the girls too. Why can’t you do that with me too? What if I told you that you were ugly and didn’t deserve anyone and it went viral. Every single person who is a Directioner now knows what people said about Sara. I was disgusted. I still can’t believe this. She was so hurt. So hurt that she couldn’t handle the criticism and broke up with me. Now she is locked in her room probably crying because of all the things she had to see and hear about. She’s not eating or talking to anyone. How would you feel? Just put yourself in her shoes. Your life would be pretty shitty. Instead of thinking of yourself, try thinking of how I feel. Look, we can’t stay single forever. I mean all of my lads here are seeing people. So just accept that we are boys and like girls.” I took a breath and tried to calm my heartbeat. I looked at the guys and Louis gave me a reassuring smile. He didn’t mind me telling people they were seeing people. I turned back around and looked into the camera and began again.

“Sara, please. I love you and I just want you to know that this is only the beginning. You have made me crazy for you. I don’t think I can go on without you. I will prove to you that I’m not just wasting my breath.” I went to go sit back down and looked at Candice. Her mouth was hanging open, I think she was sort of stunned of my little speech. She finally came out of her daze and began to speak.

“Well that was touching. Girls, I think we owe Harry, the rest of the boys, and especially Sara an apology.” Girls in the crowd were crying and all together they said sorry and that they love us and accept our decisions. That felt really nice to see my little talk didn’t go through one ear and out the other. Sara you better have been watching.

~~~~~~~~~~~Sara’s Pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mouth was hanging open. Did he just……..

“Sara. Are okay?” Lilly was eyeing at me. She looked really concerned. I haven’t spoken to any of them and because she’s usually our mum. She wanted to make sure that I wasn’t hurting and that everything was okay, but I was speechless. No one has ever been so persistent to show they love me. He really startled me, but there something in me that still wasn’t surprised and didn’t want to go running back to him.

“Wow. You broke up with that? If I were you I’d call him right now and make up. You don’t want to lose someone like that.” Ashley was right, but I just couldn’t. Too much hurt to talk to him. If only he knew. Maybe I could just avoid everyone until they leave. Not like the guys are going to stop by. Maybe Harry, but the girls would stop him. I still don’t think that me and Harry is such a good idea. Not everyone is going to like the idea that we are together. Just because I love him doesn’t mean we have to be together. Besides, he would have to deal with all of my problems and if I hate myself, he would too.

“I’m just going to back upstairs.” I got up and headed upstairs to the bedroom.

“You can’t hide from this forever. You have to talk to him. He just took up for you in front of the whole frickin world.” I just kept walking. I didn’t need any more guilt on my shoulders. I could still tell Emmie was a little frustrated.

“Sara.” I turned around. “I know your hurt from your past, but you are being selfish. He just fucking told everyone to apologize for what they said.”

“Whatever. Not like actually will.”

“WHY CAN’T YOU FUCKING SEE THAT HE’S IN FUCKING LOVE WITH YOU. NO ONE BUT YOU. ONLY YOU!!!” I just ignored her and continued to walk up the stairs. The sooner the boys leave, the better.