Chapter 35: Romantic Night By The Water

HERE YOU GO!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Ashley’s Pov~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to sit alone on the bench for what felt like days. I was debating in my head whether to stay put or go search for the girls. In my heart I knew that Paul told me to stay here for a reason, but my mind says it’s too cold out. But I always trust my heart so I stayed.

Another 20 minutes went by when a tree branch behind me snapped. The sound of my heart filled my throat. I was terrified that some foul beast is going to attack me.

“What a beautiful night we have here.” I spun around on the bench to see Zayn step out from behind the pile of trees.

“ZAYN!” I jumped to my feet, ran into his arms and hugged him tightly.

“Nice to see you too.” He chuckled as I almost knocked him down.

“Did you make me sit here all alone for past 30 minutes?”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Zayn had a mischievous look across his face.

“Why did you want me to sit here?”

“I need to show you something that is only amazing at night.” I didn’t even get time to ask him what it was as he took my hand and pulled me along to wherever he wanted to go.

“We’re HERE!”

“Wow, Zayn. It’s beautiful.” He led me to a small looking pond with florescent lights floating about. The lights lit up the whole pool of water.

“I’m glad you like it, but it looks so much better when you in the middle of it all.”

“We can’t swim out there.”

“No need. I’ve arranged for something more satisfying and less wet.” He directed my attention to a white painted paddle boat.

“Awesome!” We headed to the boat when a small light flickered into my head, Look at who you’re with. Don’t waste a chance to be with him. He likes you, you might be in love with him. Find out if he feels the same way too. Enjoy tonight, this should be one to remember.

“Thank you…..for everything.” As Zayn hoisted me into the boat, he just smiles.

When he was paddling out to the center of the pond I couldn’t help but gaze at his arms. They screamed safe, trustworthy, protector. With him near me I don’t have to worry about Mark bothering me. He is just so strong; caring.

He caught my eyes gazing, I quickly focused on the water swiftly moving from under the boat. My cheeks began to heat up. Idoit!

“What’s wrong?” Shit! He saw me looking at him.

“Nothing. Just admiring the night.” He only smirked.

Finally we stopped, I looked at my surroundings. It was completely breath taking.

“You really know how to make a plain little pond look spectacular. This is amazing!”

“Well it was all for you.” I started to gaze down at my hands. I was getting chilled from the cool breeze.

“Ashley, can I be honest with you?”

“Yeah.” He took a deep breath and spoke, “These past few days have been good. I mean not with the whole Sara disaster and with the confrontation with Mark, but being with you and having you with me all the time. I think I’ve…….” He looked down then began again “I think I’ve fallen in love with you. You’re different from all the other girls I see every day. You stand out and you don’t through yourself at me. I actually have to try to get to know you and all your likes, dislikes, and other things. You like a challenge that has a new level every time I’m with you. I mean that in a good way…….What I’m trying to say is that I need you with me. I don’t want to just leave you after all we’ve been through in such a small amount of time. There so much we need to know about each other and I’m not leaving you here unprotected with Mark on the loose.” He focused his eyes on me; I could see that he was begging to know if I feel the same way. The tears began to flow down my cheek.

“Hey, hey. Don’t cry. I’m sorry I told you all that. I guess you’re not ready to move on yet. I didn’t mean to overwhelm you.” He moved slowly over to my side of the boat to wrap his arms around me.

“I’m not crying because you told me how you feel. I’m crying because I can’t see myself sitting here with anyone else but you.”

“Really?”

“I might be a major 1D fan, but being able to see how you really are without all the cameras around you, I’ve fallen helplessly in love with you because of you and not because of your fame.” Helplessly? Ashley, this isn’t a romance movie.

“Because I can’t be without you, will you join me on tour for the rest of the year?”

“Seriously?!?!” I rocked the boat as I hugged Zayn.

“Careful.” He tried to steady the boat.

“Sorry. And yes I would love too. Wow! Thank you Zayn.” I took his face with my hands and kissed him. I didn’t care that we were on a rocking boat or that I sort of forced him into the kiss, I just knew that he didn’t care and he felt the same way towards me as I do to him.

He kissed me back again and again, then it was the heat of the moment, he leaned me against the side of the boat and began to kiss my cheek, nose, forehead, and neck. A groan escaped my throat as I closed my eyes. This was right. I didn’t feel forced to kiss my back, I wanted too; unlike Mark.

I pulled him back to the comfort of my lips, wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing him closer to me. I didn’t want to be farther away from him. I loved the way his body felt on me, so warm, inviting and…….wet? The back of my dress was soaked. What the fuck? My eyes fluttered open to find water pouring into the boat. Zayn was still leaning me against the side. I pushed him off to try and get the boat leveled again before we flip the boat, but as I pushed him he stumbled back then looked around to see the boat flooded. He then panicked and stood up.

“NO! Don’t stand up!” But it was too late the boat went under and so did we.

I used to professionally swim when I was in high school so I bobbed my head out of the water, inhaled the air around me and began to swim to the dock.

“ASHLEY!” I turned around to see Zayn flailing his arms.

“I HATE THE WATER!” I started towards him, took his hand and swam to the dock.

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“Tipping the boat.”

“Zayn, it’s fine. Yeah I’m soaked, but I’m not going to ruin the rest of the night by complaining. Just make it up to me some other time.”

“See, this is why I love you. You don’t complain.” I smiled and took his hand.

“Let’s go find the rest of the guys. I want to see if Niall really kissed Emmie tonight.”

“You know they did.”

“Yeah. I know.”