Benjamin

"Pan," Hemlock smiled. "You really meant it when you said you'd be looking after me." Pan showed no light in his face.
        "When have I ever not meant what I said when it comes to my lost boys?" Pan asked Hemlock. Hemlock's eyes popped wider then he stopped smiling.
        "Oh--I mean, well--"
        "It's alright," Pan interrupted. Anne suddenly jumped in.
        "Have you seen my brother?" Hemlock's blue eyes rolled over to her green ones and sunk in. 
        "He was on the run with your father, I believe."
        "So they're better?" Anne hoped.
        "Well I would assume so, your father was, after all...running," Hemlock replied with a hint of sarcasm. Anne rolled her eyes.
        "Where were they running off to?" Pan asked.
        "We hadn't discovered that. They might've been off to get food, perhaps medicine..."
        "Medicine? For what?"
        "Your mother," Hemlock looked at Anne. Her breath caught in her throat. "At one point, Felix and your parents were running from Benjamin and I, and a few others. She cut herself on a bush of Dreamshade."
        "The spring," Pan instantly noted. "You went to spring, correct?" Pan then added.
        "Of course they did," Anne answered for Hemlock. "And once you got there?" She focused back on his blue eyes.
        "They were nowhere to be found."
        "Damn," Pan cursed under his breath, unable to help it. "Did you find their tracks?"
        "Well...not exactly. Benjamin...he got ahead of us. We found him injured. He said they stabbed him to get away. He said they got the water...then left him to die."
        "So you found Benjamin at the spring...injured...and he hadn't already drank the water from the spring to heal himself when you all got there?" Pan questioned suspiciously.
        "He was terrible weak. They got him in his chest. He couldn't breath. We had to give him the water ourselves," Hemlock pointed out.

Pan thought to himself then lifted a brow. "I suppose it makes sense," he finally admitted. Anne still had her questions though. "Anything else...?" Pan then asked.
        "That's all for now."
        "And you were on a run..." Pan urged.
        "We also thought we found some tracks," Hemlock suddenly remembered. Pan then nodded.
        "Good work," he then complimented.
        "You should expect nothing less, your Majesty," Hemlock bowed his head again. 
        "Your Majesty? Are you kidding me?" Anne retorted. Hemlock blushed.
        "Your Highness," Hemlock told her bowing his head again.
        "Uhm...I don't think so," Anne replied with offense. 
        "Get used to it," Pan whispered in her ear, having had curled his arm around her waist. She shivered. He only grinned darkly. "Is that all, Hemlock?" Pan then asked his messenger lost boy.
        "I believe so," he confirmed. Pan's lips parted like he was about to say something then his brows furrowed. Urging Hemlock to come close, Pan spoke in his ear. He had Anne's hand in his own tightly, almost like he thought she was stupid enough to run away after he threatened her family and Henry's family's lives. She wasn't going to run off. Plus...in a way, she wanted to be with Pan. He laced their fingers smoothly as he finished delivering his message to Hemlock. Anne felt butterflies. Pan's hand was warm and soft...tight on hers like he cared for her deeply. And he did. Of course he did. He loved her.

After Pan parted from Hemlock, he then blinked them away. They ended up on what looked liked a bluff. The wind from the sea below them whipped Anne's hair. She turned around almost too dizzy to keep her balance and saw a little cut out in another cliff behind them. It was a wide, human-sized burrow. Her cage already inside of it. Anne then noticed the sun was setting over the horizon. Pan smiled at the view warmly then gave Anne all of his attention. "Welcome to your new home, for a little while that is. Now, cage," he ordered. She listened annoyingly. Getting inside, she noticed Pan look over toward the entrance of trees that lead up onto this bluff. "Well done," Pan complimented. Anne heard a voice.

She got out of her cage then exited the burrow finding the one and only, Benjamin. He grinned dangerously at her. Pan then noticed Anne's approach. "Anne..." he started, "Benjamin will be staying with you while I'm gone," he told her. Benjamin started to laugh devilishly, his golden brown eyes gazing into her with dominance. She escaped him once. Who knows if she could do it again, and Pan, Benjamin, and Anne, all knew that. Pan purposely requested Benjamin's assistance to watch her.
        "Uh, wh-where are you going?" Anne asked Pan.
        "I told you...I'm off to go prove your theory, little Anna. Don't be afraid now, it's alright," he played.
        "You did this on purpose," she replied. 
        "Well, of course I did...you've got your little conflict with him that needs to be resolved if you are to be my Queen."
        "Sure, that's why," Anne threw back, sarcastic, obviously.
        "Have fun," Pan said with a brilliant smile then blinked away. 

"To kill some time, I at first, like to start the night off with a little game," Benjamin suddenly spoke.
        "What?" Anne barely recalled what he just said. She was stunned that Pan left her with someone that could hurt her, but then again, he, himself, can hurt her. "You mean--" she shook herself from her shock, "...you arn't going to kill me?" Benjamin chuckled lightly.
        "I wasn't planning on it," he told her innocently.
        "What?" she repeated. "My brother and my father stabbed you, I kicked you in places I shouldn't have and before that, I caused Pan to embarrass you, remember?"
        "Of course I remember. But it wasn't your father or brother that stabbed me."
        "What?" Anne repeated once more.
        "I did it to myself," Benjamin replied. 
        "What?!--Why?! Are you serious?--" Anne panicked.
        "Oh I'm more then serious. You see, Anne, I did it to let your father and brother to escape."
        "You're joking," Anne replied.
        "I don't believe I am," he returned. Stunned, Anne was hesitant to respond.
        "Why?" she finally asked.
        "And this is where the game starts," Benjamin grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.N. Don't have time to revise tonight, guys. I'll do it tomorrow! 
But I hope you enjoyed!!! I wasn't gunna just leave you guys without another cliffhanger ;). More updates shall be posted either tomorrow or later! Thanks for reading!!