"It was a test."

In the morning, Pan had set his lost boys out to go hunt and find more information on Henry's family. The only difference now, was that he had Anne out with his lost boys. She walked behind the lost boys, lost in her thoughts. Felix had patted up next to her suddenly. "Morning," he tried politely. Anne held back a smile. What a silly conversation starter; Anne knew what Felix really wanted, but she played along.
        "Morning," she responded still looking ahead.
        "I uh...had a dream about you last night," Felix admitted.
        "Did you now?"
        "Uh...yeah, I did." Felix waited for Anne to show interest in his dream but she didn't...she kept silent. Felix tried another conversation starter. "Your hair's gotten longer...blonder."
        "It did," Anne answered plainly.
        "I...uh noticed you can sword fight--" Anne halted and looked at Felix.
        "Oh come on, Felix, just get to what Pan told you about me," She said annoyed. Felix gave in then pulled her away from the group.
        "Pan what's to know where you went yesterday night," Felix spilled.
        "Why couldn't he just ask me that?"
        "Just answer the question."
        "What for? Goodness, it's almost like he's trying to hide something from me," Anne acted frustrated, but she knew Pan was. Of course she did, it was all about her act.

Felix grew anxious. But because he didn't want Pan to kill or hurt Anne for wondering about what Pan would do alone. Pan didn't want Anne against him but he didn't want her out of Neverland either. She was this little piece of hope somehow; she was interesting...like a puzzle and Pan wanted to solve her more then any puzzle. He didn't get it--why he was so attracted to finding her secrets. But he went for it thinking beyond his fears. "No, he's just careful," Felix quickly covered for Pan.
        "And why should he be careful?" Anne questioned without thinking about it.
        "Hasn't he told you? About Henry?"
        "Oh," Anne suddenly understood. "Right," She answered. "Well you can tell him I was just out looking for some peace and quiet." 
        "Why'd you come back wet?" Felix questioned.
        "I went for a swim," Anne answered calmly.
        "Only to have to change?" 
        "Why not? Those pants were rubbing my thighs raw." Felix laughed.
        "And by getting them wet gave you the freedom to change out of them? You could've changed out of them before."
        "I wanted to go for a swim," Anne defended again--acting of coarse.
        "Yeah well next time...don't go swimming alone. The sea is filled with sea beasts and mermaids, and the mermaids will drown you," Felix warned. Anne held off the rolling of her eyes. She knew just about everything Felix could possibly warn her about. Instead of really saying anything, she brought up something else.
        "Pan told me about that boy Henry...says he's got the heart of the truest believer that could save Neverland." Felix knew the real reason behind keeping Henry and it wasn't to save Neverland...it was to save himself. Only Felix knew that, none of the other lost boys. Before, Felix didn't really feel bad about killing Henry but since his own sister had got to Neverland, he's imagined it being Anne instead of Henry who will die and was beginning to feel bad. Of coarse Felix couldn't do anything, Pan would kill him. "Pan also says, he's got enemies trying to get Henry. There's a lady named Emma. Who exactly is she?"
        "The savior," Felix answered leaving out the mom part.

Anne could remember reading about saviors. But...how did a certain group of rescuers end up together? Anne wasn't going to push her limits though...so she didn't question anything else.

The sounds of a twig snapped close by causing Anne and Felix to look behind them. Out from some trees came Peter Pan. "Doing a little brother and sister bonding I see...?" He asked displeased. "You are suppose to be out finding information," he spoke through slight clenched teeth causing Anne to get slight chills. Felix had a strong grip on her arm as if he were protecting her. "Anne, over here," Pan urged with his hand.

She ripped herself free from her brother's grip 'annoyed' then walked over. "We've got to talk," Pan mumbled to her, his muddy green eyes staring passionately into hers. Anne nodded quickly then looked at Felix who was standing slightly tense with fear. "Felix...it's time to leave your sister...no question." Of coarse Felix wanted to question. But Pan noticed how soft Anne being here was making Felix and did not approve. He was beginning to suggest talking to Felix sometime and maybe break him a little with the hatred Anne supposedly had for her very own brother...but he had some hope in both Anne and Felix and he needed to find out more about Anne's past with Felix before he tried to break him. In fact that's what he was planning on doing when he would talk to Anne...shake her for some answers and key moments in her past with Felix.

Now Peter Pan was clever and powerful...sure...but he did not know absolutely everything, obviously, counting the secrets Anne was so strictly hiding from him. Pan didn't like to think of himself as only a teenage boy with powers, but because he wasn't a teenage boy...at least not on the inside. He had a child, of coarse he was no teenage boy inside, and he thought like a grown man. He was alot wiser then some silly teenage boy. He knew how to hold back his feelings and he knew how to break some hearts if he needed to, and he knew how to hide things...more then anyone...or so he thought.

Anne was a different story. She was a teenager, but she still knew things like Pan did. Maybe she didn't know how to do the things he could do exactly, but she had some wildly sharp ideas in mind. And she was no mother, obviously...but she knew how to act like one from how Lily treated her over the years and with some dim memories in her head from when he mother was actually in her life. And partially because she could do alot of these things was because as a teenage girl, her worries weren't things like having a boyfriend...or looking pretty, or even wanting friends to share crushes with. Over the years, she worried about more serious things like her brother and Neverland, and her missing parents, and Peter Pan, how to defeat him, and her training.

It was true indeed that all the boys she ever went to school with weren't very attractive...so it was easy and the girls were snobby and whiny and annoying, so of coarse it was easy. And Pan was honestly the first boy to even come off as appealing to Anne. Felix was no hideous brute, but he was her brother so of coarse she couldn't say he was ugly and unattractive. And honestly, Pan looked the most clean of all his lost boys too. Pan was actually handsome...and cute. But the hate Anne had for him overpowered everything and most the time she hardly ever even noticed how good he looked sometimes, and he'd look good without trying.

Anne and Pan were walking now. Felix had went off and listened to Pan. He caught up with the other lost boys by this time. "I thought you hated him," Pan mentioned slightly angry.
        "I do! We just got far behind the lost boys and he asked me some things that you wanted answers to, might I mention," Anne spat.
        "And do you know why I asked him to do me that favor of asking you where you went yesterday night?"
        "Not a clue, actually."
        "Because I know you don't actually hate him. It was a test and you did not pass, little Anna," Pan said with a dark sneer.