The First Lost Boy and Girl

The little Beastly children spotted the house, Anne first. "There it is!" she gasped then they ran up to the beautiful wood. Breaking through the front door, Felix instantly fell to his knees in desperation. "Mommy! Daddy!" He cries. The morning sun was seeping through the blinded windows.

Anne didn't feel right. "Get up," she snapped at her brother. He looked stupid to her. "Do you think they're sleeping, Felix?" Anne asked her brother. He shrugged. "Mummy!" Anne cried. They look around. The little house being quite empty. "See I told you it was a house," Anne credited herself as they begin to stake out the cabin. Seeing a living room, a tiny kitchen in the corner, then a hallway, they walk down it tentatively.

They entered the first door they came across. "Mummy?" Anne whispered peeking inside the bedroom. Empty. Except the tub of toys in the corner. Anne forced her way inside the room even more. She looked over finding a door. Getting over to it, she opened it. "Mummy?" The morning light from the window in the room had shot into the little closet. It was empty.
        "Anne?" Felix asked worriedly. She looked over. He had been messing in the toys. "These are our toys," he said, a frown almost pulling his face down.
            "No they arn't," Anne hoped coming over to Felix. "This can't possibly be all of them," she suggested. Tears broke in Felix's eyes.
            "Why'd they take our toys? Did we do something bad?" he asked. Anne nudged him.
            "Stop crying," she snapped. "Of course not," she hoped again.
            "But--" Anne shoved her brother up starting to speak not letting him finish.
            "Come on," she said then they left  the room. The next door, Anne chose again. They entered. It was only a bathroom. Anne began to get frustrated.
            "I don't like this scavenger hunt," Felix spoke. He was ignored and was taken into another room. "Mummy?" Anne tried again as they entered.  No one was inside. But this room had a bed, a girly one. The blankets and pillows being dull shades of pink, blue, and purple, obviously for Anne.
She refused to be phased and while the room was dashed of little faded pink and real flowers about the wooden, carpet covered, floor, the room wasn't very inviting. But the siblings entered. "Let us check the closet," Felix said. They did. It had nothing but clothes, Anne's clothes. And over sized clothes. "Why would mommy get you big clothes?" Felix asked. They witnessed Anne's shoes and over sized shoes as well.
            "I don't understand," Anne admitted. Felix had already entered the last room when he called for her.
        "I think this is my room," he said. Anne then went inside the room Felix was in and saw a more boy-like bed with a more boy-like carpet. No flowers on the floor. His blankets and pillows being dull shades of blue, brown, and green.

She then made her way over to his closet. It was empty, at least of their parents. It had Felix's clothes then over-sized clothes with his shoes and over-sized shoes.
        "Did mummy and daddy move us?" Anne guessed..."But, but where's their room?" she spoke looking at her brother. He started crying again. Only Anne's brows were frowning and she left the room, double checking every door she had already passed. The cabin was empty.
        "Did they leave us?" She asked herself, tears filling her eyes. "No, " she blinked them away. "They wouldn't," she told herself then turned around to her weeping brother. "Stop crying," she spat. He hushed quickly. "They might've just went out in the woods," Anne hoped. "They'll come back."~

Fifteen year old Anne's eyelids lifted softly as she woke up from her dream. She stared a moment, remembering that day, her hands resting motionless in front of her face. Having had been laying in a ball sleeping inside the cage Pan replaced with her old broken one, she sat up. It was still light out. Sunlight forced it's hardest through the too tiny cracks of her cage. But there was a feeling in the air that Anne wasn't alone and that someone was just outside.

Spotting a slightly widened crack in the door of the cage, Anne peeked out of it. She saw Pan. He was sleeping, his back facing her. She noticed his lashes from his eyes quiver just then. He must have been dreaming, but why had he chosen to stay outside of her cage? Was he afraid she'd escape? No. 

He just want to be close to her...so he could dream about her and if not dream about her, be able to hear her steady, gentle breathing because he took comfort in that. He missed her when she was gone. Of course Anne didn't know that. Pan didn't know that even. Or maybe he did...?

Anne remained hushed, observing Pan. He tensed in his sleep like he might've been disturbed then his brows furrowed. He stirred some then his lips parted like he was about to say something, but he said nothing and they closed again. Anne remembered just then how his lips felt against hers, soft, passionate, desperate like Pan was lonely. And of course he was but Anne had felt it. She couldn't help but touch her own lips just then. The sparks were there, always have been. But when they last kissed, it was real. Before she only acted affectionate but she didn't have to this time. She could finally,really, feel the sparks. And there was a faint pain because she knew she could not fall for Pan, because whenever her brother rescued her, she couldn't allow herself to stop Henry's family, or anyone from harming Pan, if they needed to. And they would most likely need to.

But here Anne was. And she knew her feelings to be true. That was the faint pain. And maybe it wasn't even faint...maybe it was only suppressed.

"Pan," Anne whispered. He stirred some more. "Pan!" Anne hissed louder. Finally he stopped moving and his eyes opened. It took him moments before he remembered where he was at then was embarrassed, quickly sitting up. What had happened was once Anne stopped whimpering, Pan had sat against the door of the cage as he listened to her fall asleep herself. Overwhelmed with emotion, his eyes just finally fell shut and he had instantly been pulled into a dream. It was clear he must have collapsed onto the ground since he did wake up there.

But he was embarrassed because Anne had woken up to him sleeping next to her (on the outside of her cage of course). He might've snored or even drooled. "Anne," he finally spoke after quickly rubbing his eye. He then brought his right eye towards the crack of the cage, his hands gripped the outside of her cage as he stared into her bright green orb. 
        "Are you ever going to let me out of here?" she asked.
        "I can't," Pan told her. 
        "Why not?"
        "You'd leave," he replied. Anne could understand why he didn't trust her. But she was annoyed. She needed to stretch her legs, breath in all the air from the wilderness around her.
        "Please, I need to stretch my legs," she begged.
        "No," Pan scoffed.
        "I won't run off, I promise," she tried.
        "I don't think so," Pan replied.
        "Please! What can I do to show you I'm not lieing?" Because Anne wasn't. She just really wanted to stretch her legs.
        "Nothing."
        "Come on, there's got to be something," Anne hoped.
        "There isn't. Stop complaining," he told her offended, then parked his back against the cage, his hair covering the crack in the door. Anne then slipped her fingers out and played with one of the curls in the back of his hair.
        "Please," she said. Pan, after feeling his hair being messed with instantly flinched and whipped around to look at Anne. She had taken back her hand quickly so there wouldn't be a chance he'd grab it.
        "Keep your fingers inside the cage or you won't have them at all," he told her.
        "I couldn't help myself. It was right there," she defended herself. "You know, I could have a knife or something that you don't know about that I could cut this cage open with," she suggested.
        "Impossible," Pan smirked.
        "And why is that?" Anne lifted a brow.
        "You would've used it already," he replied.
        "Or perhaps I was saving it for the right time?" Anne suggested. Pan stopped smiling all to together.
        "When?" his eyes squinting in suspicion.
        "At night, when you're asleep. Heck, I could've done it when I woke up a few minutes ago." Pan's gaze still hard with suspicion, he thought about how he never did check Anne for any weapons, then finally rolled his eyes and got up. Getting the key to her cage, he dug in the chains for the lock, a proud grin pinned upon Anne's face. Seconds passed then Pan opened the cage. Anne shot out relieved but was instantly caught by Pan's grip. "Stay in front of the cage," he told her.

She listened rolling her own eyes then started stretching. Pan watched her, the evening sun highlighting her entire body. He smirked a little in disbelief at himself for not thinking to check her. But then again, he didn't think about a lot of things. His smirk gone, he had his forearms crossed over his abs, resting, the keys he had jingled hanging from his hand and he tapped his heel on one foot fast and impatiently.

During her stretching, Anne suddenly remembered what Pan had called her parents when he had opened their cage. The first lost boy and girl...she remembered distinctly. Because of everything happening at the time he had called her parents that, she didn't think to think about it until now. "The first lost boy and girl you say?" Anne asked. Pan looked at her.
        "I beg your pardon?"
        "What you called my parents...the first lost boy and girl," Anne reminded him. He then remembered.
        "Oh," he smiled. "Right." Then he walked over. Anne was bent over. She felt his pelvis bump her in her bum and she came up quickly. "Arms," he ordered, "lift them." Anne listened.

Placing his ringed keys under his arm, he got closer to Anne's back then began to feel down her sides for any weapons. Crouching down, the keys fell onto his boot and he felt down her legs carefully. Coming back up he ordered her to turn around. "Keep your arms up," he told her. He then felt down her body again then cupped the tops of her thighs to feel if she had anything in her front pockets. Nothing. "Shoes, take them off," he said just then.
        "What about my parents?" Anne asked.
        "I said take off your shoes," he told her more louder.

Rolling her eyes, she listened. Standing in her socks, Pan picked up the boots and put them upside down shaking them. Nothing fell out. He gave them back. As Anne began putting them back on, as she was bent over, her shirt slid up her lower back some. Pan came around and spotted the bare skin then brushed his fingers over it as he finished encircling her. She received chills and had come back up even though she hadn't finished putting her boots back on. "Really?" She asked annoyed, addressing to him touching her. But she kind of liked it.
        "I couldn't help myself," he began quoting her, "it was right there," he finished, smiling. Anne rolled her eyes then went back to putting back on her boots. Pan had his back resting against the cage now and he observed her, the bright seeping sun highlighting her entire body making her glow like an angel, her smooth golden hair slid down her soft arms.
        "So beautiful," he mumbled. Anne stopped to look at Pan. "Your skin...it's soft." Anne then came to a full stand again. "And your hair," he started as he began pacing around her, "it's so long...so bright...soft as well." He then scooped up her chin some, her green orbs turning gold in the sun. "And your eyes are...mesmerizing," he added. "I love everything about you, Anna..."

Her heart was racing and her cheeks were becoming flushed with red. She tried to push past her feelings again and looked away from Pan. "Are you going to tell me about my parents or what?" she asked bending back over and finished lacing her boots.
        "Perhaps I should then," he told her. She looked at him waiting.
        "Well," she urged. Pan stopped biting his bottom lip then directed Anne to the cage and looked at her.
        "Congrats...you arn't hiding any weapons from me." Anne rolled her eyes again. "As I thought," he told her looking darkly annoyed. "Cage. Now."

Groaning, the little Beastly girl listened. Shutting the cage door on her, she met Pan's eyes through that widened crack. He had a smirk of pleasure on his lips. "So...you want to know why your parents left and never came back?"