Too Faraway

Curled up in a blanket Anne brought in her bag, she lay sleepless in the midst of the night in the warmth of her secluded tent. All of Pan's lost boys slept all around the ground of Pan's hideout. Pan slept in another tent across the hideout from Anne's. He didn't like sleeping out in the open with his lost boys. He liked sleeping alone, away from the others. Sometimes, instead of sleeping, he'd kick over one half of his tent to look at the stars, and sometimes play his flute but silently.

The middle of the night had been meant for sleeping, and dreams. Pan made sure he gave dreams to his lost boys. You were suppose to dream in Neverland. And Pan could sense when a lost boys was dreaming of his family, so he'd banish those dreams with just the flick of his thumb and index finger. Or he'd rip away the lost boy's dreams by waking them up. Not one person was allowed to dream of such things...dreams like that could change the way a person thought.

But tonight Pan was the one dreaming of such things...so he couldn't sense anything. For the first time in a long time, he was too faraway.

Felix was dreaming ever so lightly, a certain memory of his little sister hanging in his head when he got mad at her as a child. When they still lived with their parents. Felix wasn't allowing Anne out of the crawl space. He could hear her crying loudly and desperately banging on the inside of the crawl space. Felix was laughing, being an older brother. Then finally he let his little sister out and she tackled him then slapped him hard across his face. Tears weren't only pricking from Anne's eyes but his also now. They told on each other. Felix got in trouble more then Anne did. He didn't understand why until Anne began having nightmares of trolls attacking her in the crawl space and she couldn't get out.

And for forever these nightmares controlled Anne's dreams, until she got older of coarse. But Felix never felt more guilty to have terrorized his sister so much with those nightmares.

~Present Anne lay still sleepless in her tent.

She had thought about her notes she was suppose to scan over later but she was debating whether or not to do it especially IN Pan's hideout and having had done what she done earlier to make her a suspicious character to Pan now. But she felt like she had to look at her notes. So quietly and slowly...she pulled them out from inside her corset. Unfolding each as she looked at them, she became so dreadfully hopeless. There was nothing that could possibly help her on Henry's family.

What a waste of energy and risk...Anne thought.

There was then a noise, like someone waking up. Quickly, Anne folded back up her notes and put them back in her stomach then turned on her side as if she had never been more asleep.

*Pan's dream* --OUAT MID-SEASON FINALE SPOILER ALERT--

"We can go somewhere no one will know who we are," Begged little Rumple.
        "How?" Rumple's father asked.
        "With this," Little Rumple pulled out a white stone. It glowed the moment it hit 'Peter Pan's' eyes. This stone would make an excellent possession to gamble. Little Rumple's father went for the stone so eager. Little Rumple pulled it away.
        "No! You're not going to go gambling it away! We can run away, father, to a place no one will know us!" Little Rumple repeated. 'Peter Pan' was so heavily intrigued by the idea that seemed so impossible. He began to rethink his fate.
        "You mean, start fresh?" He asked.
        "Anywhere!"

Pan finally grinned. "Well, when I was a boy, I'd run off in my sleep to a place called Neverland." Little Rumple was in much joy at this moment. 
        "Then we'll go there!"

Pan grinned again and in his hand came the stone. He flicked it to the ground and forming, came a bright green portal.

And off that went.

*After dreaming* 

Pan snapped awake. He was glad something had pulled him from his dreams. Tears were starting to prick his eyes. He noticed this when he wiped his bottom lashlines. Such dreams could change the way a person thought. If only Pan could flick away such dreams like he could with his lost boys.

Pan was well trained though and he forced his mind elsewhere, onto the powerful thing at which woke him up from his sleep. If anything was out of sorts in Neverland, he'd know. He then pictured Anne and got up. Spotting her tent across his hideout, he headed over. Opening the side of her shelter, he spotted her turned away and seeming to be asleep. More things on his mind, he decided to leave her be, maybe he had somehow forced himself awake. 

After heading back to his tent now, he entered then laid back down. Kicking up one side of his shelter, his eyes found the bright shimmering, blinking stars and he pulled out his pan flute. Placing the wooden music player to his lips, he blew into it a heartfelt song.

Anne opened her eyes again. She could breath now...and listen.

The Piper's silent blowing was dim and sad with the silent and soundless night. The song he played sounded like he was feeling lost, like he was drowning in the misery of being sleepless with too much clouding his mind; like he was crying through the music and his emotions were coming out as notes instead tears. Within those notes, Anne could hear the breaking of Pan's soul as he released it into the star-filled sky.

Instead of so much anger and hatred Anne had so tightly held onto over the years towards the Piper, it was the first time she felt sympathetic for him. She began to wonder what he was so heart broken about. And slowly now, she let this broken-hearted song take her away off to a place she could dream--but not before letting Pan's pain he had so desperately managed to suppress cloud her emotions and thoughts.