Sphere of fear part 1.

A,N: Well finally made the next chapter. This is not following the original episode that much, but hope you still like it. I also cut Yuma's duel with Vetrix a little short. I found the start so boring and wanted this chapter to only be in two parts, but hope you don't mind either way. Oh and there is a reason I chose that picture for the chapter, but read the story, and you understand. Please comment on what you think.

Vetrix's p.o.v.

Vetrix was angry. Or angry was maybe not the right word for it. He was furious! Not only didn't Zaira do as he had planned. She didn't defeat Yuma nor Dr. Faker for him, and that made the masked kid pretty angry. It didn't help that Zaira had asked Yuma to defeat and save him for good. That was the last drop, that made Vetrix rather furious. Power rose around him now.

"Defeat me! For good!" Vetrix yelled angrily "I will teach that tweep Yuma, to not meddle in my affairs anymore!".

He let out a scream and his power destroyed the glass in the window at the loge he was sitting at. Vetrix sneered angrily again. He looked outside at the stadium with the duel tower. Mr. Heartland had made the platform Yuma and Zaira had been dueling at, fall down to the ground now. A medic team was ready with a stretcher, to move Zaira to the nearest hospital. Vetrix knew that was rather pointless, since Zaira had given Astral her numbers. Without Cy she couldn't live. They would soon discover that she was death.

"Serves her right!" Vetrix sneered out "She could just have done as she was told. Then she would have been alive, and Yuma and Astral would have been defeated. But instead she chose this noble route. Yuma's influence has misguided her".

He took another look down at the stadium. Yuma was fighting against the medic team now. He was trying to prevent them from getting to Zaira. It was a wasteful effort in Vetrix eyes, but at least Yuma's little friends joined him. Bronk, Cathy and Flip was trying to be shield guards, while Tori and Caswell tried talking them out of moving her.

"What a loyal bunch of fools" Vetrix then uttered "Unless they give back the number cards, before Zaira's soul is completely consumed by the abyss and sent up to oblivion, then and only then, they can save her". Vetrix eyes fixated on Yuma.

"Zaira failed her mission, but that won't make any difference. I'll just have to defeat Yuma and Astral all by myself" He then said firmly and left lodge.

Zaira's p.o.v.

I was so tired. So damn tired. I could almost not keep my eyes open, but it actually made no sense at all, to keep them open. Everything around me was dark anyway. I was drifting away in some unfamiliar place. It felt like you were falling down into dark, cold ocean. You were drifting further and further away from the surface. Further and further away from the light actually. I wondered if it was like this for everyone. Drifting away in a dark abyss when you died, or if it only was in my case. I had broken my promise to Eliphas after all, and hurt the.. wait Astral prince? Yes, something with a prince, that was for sure, but I couldn't suddenly remember his name. I stretched my hand out in the watery air now. I was beginning to forget. I sighed deeply. I deserved it I guess. I broke a vow to someone after all. Even though I now couldn't remember that as well. I let out another sigh and closed my eyes. I was now just lying in this dark abyss, while falling deeper and deeper into this dark ocean, with no purpose of whatsoever. Did I even have a purpose to begin with? Someone who cared about me? I let out a sigh again. No, there were surely no one like that. If there were, why would I else be lying here. I groaned a little. It wasn't important anyway. I just wanted to lie down here, in that abyss and sleep. However a tiny bit of me had this feeling, that this was not supposed to be the end. That I was still clinging to something, that wouldn't make me go to rest. I just didn't know what that was. I wondered for a sec, if this was what people would call hope. I wasn't sure. I just knew I didn't want to lose it, regardless what it was. One word were emitting from my lips now. The word "Duel". I didn't know why. Maybe it was important to me. Maybe not. However my thoughts were wandering to a.. a card maybe. Then I saw it! Even with closed eyes I saw it. A light! It was flashing so bright, I could see it through my eyelids. Then a male voice followed.