Chapter 51

Song For This Chapter -

One Direction - Strong

"My hands,
Your hands
Tied up
Like two ships."

*Caspar's POV*

No good piece of shit.

User.

You'll break her heart.

You're no good for her.

The words Marcus had spat at me through the phone spun through my head as I held Summer tightly. Her fragile body felt so small in comparison to mine, her almost dry hair sprawled around her head like a halo. Sleep was nowhere near as my mind was constantly buzzing with thoughts.

Was what Marcus said true? Am I really no good for her? So far, yes, I've caused her pain, but you can hardly say it was my fault. I just knew that, some time in the future, I would fuck up. I know that I'm going to make a mistake and truly break her heart. But whether that be in the near or far future, I was yet to find out.

Soft snores were being emitted from Summer's mouth, her breathe tingling against my skin. Subconsciously, my fingers trailed up and down her arm, lacing through her hair, everywhere. Everything about her was so special, so perfect to me and I wanted to keep it safe. Whether it be her whole heart or the tiny freckle that sat on the top of her forearm, all of it was worth more to me than my own breath,

I never expected myself to fall for a girl so fast, so deeply, but with Summer, it was different. She had me hooked and there were no means of escape. Within the few weeks I had known her, she had stolen my heart and turned it to mush. I mentally praised myself for making every decision I had in my life, as without them, none of this would have happened. I would never have been able to find the thing I had been missing for the whole of my life. The girl that lay on my chest, her fingers laced into the gaps between mine. 

Some people may think we've fallen too fast, jumped the gun if you will, but honestly, that didn't matter to me. I knew what I felt and it most certainly felt right. 

Tonight, however, was a night I knew I would be getting no sleep. It was almost 8am and I knew Summer would begin stirring soon. She'd been fidgeting all night and her temperature had gone up and down. She was unknowingly making herself sick with worry. And when she was worried, so was I. 

As if on cue, small moans fell from her lips as she squeezed her eyes shut, before blinking them open.

"Good morning, sunshine." I smiled softly. "How're you feeling?"

"Meh." was all she replied. 

"Do you want anything? Water? Tea? Coffee?" 

Her head perked up at the mention of coffee. I let out a chuckle as I removed her grip from me and climbed out from the covers. She let out a groan before turning over and clutching the pillow to her chest.

I quickly poured her a coffee making my way back up to my bedroom where a now wide awake Summer sat. Her back was leant against the headboard as she faced me, a small smile on her face. I was glad to see her up and alert, but what really affected me was the fact that the smile did not reach her eyes. I handed her the coffee, placing a my lips softly to her head as I did so.

She took a small sip as I sat crossed legged in front of her on the bed.

"Caspar, I-I'm sorry...for last night." her voice spoke quietly as though she were ashamed.

"Hey, listen, you had every reason to be upset. You don't need to apologise for anything." I reassured her, rubbing my hand up and down her leg.