Chapter 15

* Summer's POV * 

Marcus had left, leaving me and Emily awkwardly standing unsure of what to say to eachother. I sniffed loudly, causing Emily to jump slightly.

"Uh...sorry. I'm just going to go and get myself cleaned up. I'll be out in a sec." I said, feeling rude for just leaving her but I really had to go and get myself sorted out. I shut the bathroom door and placed my hands on the sink, bowing my head and breathing deeply. 

"Okay Summer. Calm down. You can do this." I spoke to myself. Reaching for my wipes, I began to re-do my makeup. I applied extra blush to hide my tear stained cheeks. I looked up into the mirror and sighed. I really hope this doesn't damage our friendship. I really do love Alfie, but not in the way I thought. I took one last look in the mirror, makeup hiding the pain and stepped back out into the room where Emily was sat on my bed, flicking through a magazine.

"Hey." she looked up and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey. Sorry about that. I didn't mean to make such a bad first impression." I apologised whilst sitting down next to her.

"Oh don't apologise! It's not your fault. But for the record, I know the difference between being homesick and being lovesick and that wasn't missing home, was it?" she looked me straight in the eye with complete seriousness. I laughed softly.

"No. No it wasn't. But I don't think I'm ready to talk about it just yet." I said, looking down towards my hands, which were folded neatly in my lap.

"I know we haven't officially met yet, but if you need a bit of girl talk, I'm here....and I'm a girl, okay?" she said, putting her arm around me and rubbed my upper arm softly. I chuckled and hugged her back.

"Thank you." I said, removing myself from her arms. "I'm Summer." I introduced myself, sticking out my hand. 

"Emily." she replied, taking mine in hers and shaking.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said in my poshest voice. 

"Oh darling, the pleasure's all mine." she replied, in an exaggerated British accent. I laughed out loud, standing up from the bed. 

"I think I'm really going to like you Emily." I announced, slipping into my light pink heels. She stood up too and I took in her clothing. She was wearing a cream laced dress with a light brown heel.

"I think so too." she said, linking my arm in hers. "Your dress is gorgeous by the way." 

"So's yours! You have an amazing figure..." I replied, voicing my jealousy of her looks. 

"Oh shut up you." she said, bumping my hip against hers. "Come on. lets go to dinner."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner was extremely awkward. Well, not to everyone else, but Alfie couldn't even look at me, let alone sit near me. He was on the other side on the table the whole night, whilst I was next to Emily and Jim. We'd gone out to quite a posh restaurant, which is why we had all dressed so nicely. I hardly ate anything. It was either because the food was too posh, or the constant sickness that was circulating around my stomach. Marcus had begun to notice. He lent over Emily to poke me in the side. I jumped on my seat, causing everyone to turn and look. I waved awkwardly and gave Marcus an evil glare. His eyes widened as he returned back to a normal sitting position. I'd ordered some ice cream for desert. Ice cream makes everything better....

We were all walking back to the hotel, Emily wrapped up protectively in Marcus' arms. He really must like her. My heels were starting to make my feet ache so I began walking funny. Although I was trying my best to hide it, it didn't really work. I felt a soft grip on my forearm as I turned round to find Alfie staring intently at me.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey." I smiled, glad he was finally talking to me.

"Need some help?" he questioned, gesturing to my feet. 

"No, I-I'm okay thanks." I said. At that moment I stumbled slightly, not exactly proving my point. 

"No you're not. Come on." he said, cutting me up and standing in front of me. I came to a halt. "Get on my back."

"Alfie, don't be stupid I'm fi-" 

"Don't say you're fine. Now hop on." he said. I huffed in defeat, removing my shoes and climbing on to his back. His hands gripped my thighs as I tightened them around his middle. I rested my forehead on the back of his shoulder, closing my eyes. 

"Thank you Alfie." I whispered. "And I'm sorry."

"Hey." he said, shaking my leg softly. "Let's not talk about it right now. How about we just enjoy the evening?" I smiled at his gift to easily forgive. I raised my head and pressed a soft kiss to the side of his neck. 

"I love you Alfred." 

"I love you too Sum." 

------------------------------------------------------------

Alfie had managed to carry me the whole way, even with my constant protests to get him to stop. He'd been able to carry me up the stairs to the entrance and even kept me on there whilst we were in the lift. Many 'Goodnight's' were passed around as we exited to our floor. We'd just made it to the door when I felt my eyelids become heavy.

"Summer...hey Summer wake up. I need you to get the key card from my pocket....SUMMER." Alfie shook me which startled me awake. 

"Woah, sorry. What?" I said, rubbing my eye. My shoes were now in Alfie's hand and my other arm was still around his neck.

"I said, I need you to get the key card from my pocket."

"Oh okay, which one?" I asked.

"The room key?" he said, in a 'duh' kind of way.

"No you idiot. Which pocket?" I replied. 

"Oh right, urm back left I think."  I reached my hand down, patting around his chino covered butt until I found the pocket. I pulled it out and Alfie angled me towards the door so I could place it in the handle. The green light flashed and he pushed the handle, entering the room with me still on his back. He walked backwards towards my bed and I slid down, landing on my butt on the soft mattress. My heels were placed by the door, alongside Alfie's converse.I sleepily grabbed my pyjamas and changed in the bathroom. My dress was then folded and placed neatly back in my suitcase. Alfie had already changed into his pyjamas. And by that I meant only the bottom half. His top half was completely uncovered. Even though I hadn't felt any fireworks between us, doesn't mean I don't still find him extremely attractive. 

"Night, Summer." he said, climbing into his bed.

"Goodnight." I replied, burying myself in my covers. "Oh and Alfie."

"Yeah?"

"I'm really glad we're talking again."

-------------------------------------------------------------

WELL AREN'T YOU GUYS LUCKY GETTING 2 UPDATES IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS ;D

Anyway your tweets/comments on the last chapter were so sweet! I couldn't stop smiling after I read them, it means so much. <3

ANYWAY THANK YOU! 

- Jazz - x

PS. EVERYONE GO FOLLOW @Emi_TheGreat ! She inspired the character Emily and she's such a lovely girl! <3

Twitter : @handsupforliam

Instagram : @thefaultinourstyles

Tumblr : @thefaultinour-styles

Ask.fm : http://ask.fm/OdairCresta4