Chapter 33

~ Recap ~

"Sum..." Caspar whispered.

"Yeah?" I asked, almost asleep.

"I was wondering...would...I mean, would you..." he stuttered.

"What is it?" I asked, pressing a soft kiss to his bare chest.

"I was wondering if....well...would you like to..." he cleared his throat. "Be my girlfriend?"

* Caspar's POV *

I felt her body tense beneath me and I immediately panicked. I shouldn't have said anything. Shit, was it too soon? Have I scared her away? Oh God, maybe I've ruined it. Maybe she's asleep and didn't hear me. Oh God oh God oh God what have I done?

"Urm..." she muttered. She shifted in my arms, her face turning to look at me. The small strip of light escape from the gap in the curtains lit up her face, her green eyes shimmering. She looks so innocent, so beautiful.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have- Oh God I-" I was cut off by her lips on mine.

"You don't have to be sorry." she whispered, her breath sweet on my face. She shuffled back down my body, her head returning to it's place on my chest. I felt her eyelids blink a few times, her eyelashes softly brushing my bare chest. She took a deep breath in, sighing quietly. After a while she spoke.

"Yes." 

"What?" I asked, my eyes closed, heavy.

"Yes. I'll be your girlfriend." 

My face broke into an uncontrollable smile. Summer giggled, the sound vibrating my chest.

"What's so funny?" I asked, my eyelids fluttering open again.

"I'm dating Caspar Lee." I heard the amusement in her voice, her smile clearly evident, even in the dark. I chuckled at her adorableness, placing a kiss on the top of her head and closing my eyes, falling into a long, well earned sleep with Summer. My Summer. 

------------------------------------------------

*Summer's POV*

I awoke to the feel of something hard beneath me, slowly rising up and down in a steady rhythm. After collecting a few of my thoughts, sleep still heavy on my eyes, I recalled the events of last night. Caspar. Disney films. And...woah. We're officially dating. I mean, holy crap. I knew I was hesitant answering and I could sense Caspar's panic, but I couldn't help it. Trust has always been a weak point of mine. Never knowing who could spill your biggest secrets or who's just there to support you. It's a dangerous thing and I always seem to put my trust in the wrong person. Until now. Was it sensible putting all my trust into this one person I had only just gotten to know? No, of course it wasn't, but I had no choice. I couldn't trust Marcus any more and Olivia had enough on her plate. My parents, well, let's just say they don't care. No, no this isn't one of those 'my life was so hard' sob stories, this is my life. My parents were the kind of people that wouldn't pay attention to what their four year old daughter was doing and let her run out into the road. They were the kind of people who, when their youngest daughter was heartbroken, ran off the France, leaving their two children to fend for themselves. Yup, that's my parents. I hadn't noticed the tears rolling down my cheeks until I felt Caspar shift from underneath me.

"Urm, Summer...I think you may have dribbled on me." he spoke, cringing slightly.

"It's not dribble, sorry." I said quickly, using my finger to lightly dry the liquid off his chest.