Chapter 59

Song For This Chapter - 

You Me At Six - Be Who You Are

"Just a summer romance,

Look how far we've grown."

*Caspar's POV*

Summer's phone had been buzzing throughout the night, the screen lighting up the room as it did. She was sound asleep, curled up into the side of my body as she had been for most of the night. The clock read 7:18am and I knew it would be time for the house to wake up soon. Breakfast was in less than an hour and we still both needed to shower. 

Slowly, I slipped my body out from underneath Summer's, turning around so my legs were off the bed and my feet on the cold floor. I stretched out my arms, my muscles awakening as I quietly yawned, rubbing my hand over my face whilst standing up and making my way into the en suite.

The water was warm over my body, soap cleansing my skin and relaxing my muscles. I can't believe my sister's getting married today. My older sister was moving out and entering a new family. I smiled to myself at the thought of our families becoming joined, the final remnants of the soap washing down the drain.

I guess I've had a pretty easy life so far. My family is incredible. I'm totally comfortable with them and we've always been glued together, tightly knit as a family. My parents are caring and strong and I've got a great relationship with my sister. Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for all of it, I just feel bad for Summer. She had a tough life growing up without parents, trying to figure things out on her own and with Olivia. And now that Olivia is in trouble, Summer was in real danger of losing one of the most important things in her childhood. 

A soft towel was rubbed over my skin, drying it off. I tied it securely around my waist, walking out of the bathroom to see Summer, awake.

"Morning." I smiled, walked over and pressing a kiss to her head.

"Good morning." She smiled back. Her voice was thick with sleep. "Ew, you're wet."

She laughed, pushing my body away from her and adorably shaking some water that had dripped from me out of her hair.

Every time I saw her dressed in my clothes, my heart warmed. She was sat in one of my old t-shirts, her hair messy and her face makeup-less, and she never looked better.

"I'm going to jump in the shower." She announced, standing up with a stretch.

"Okay, but first..." I reached over, pulling her body to mine. "You're going to give me a real 'good morning'."

Immediately, my lips were on hers. Every hour that I'd missed her because of sleep was poured into the kiss. The softness of her mouth against mine caused my stomach to flutter. 

"Okay smelly, go and have your shower." I laughed against her lips as she giggled.

"Rude." She said, walking away. My t-shirt fell to the tops of her thighs, giving a clear view of her perfect legs. 

The loud sound of running water was not enough to drown out the vibrations of Summer's phone. It had been vibrating most of the night, signalling multiple messages coming through. Even though I never wanted to be the kind of boyfriend that did this, I picked up her phone. After I had typed in her password, the clicking sound appeared showing it had unlocked.

Many messages from her parents giving her an update of Olivia's progress were on the screen, but I left them alone. There were messages from old school friends and current friends, a few from Zoe. But there was one name that stood out on the screen to me.