Chapter 58

*Summer's POV*

Alex's wide eyes slowly hardened, his lips curling up into a threatening smirk. His body lent casually on the kitchen side, a glass of liquid in his hands. His hair had grown out a bit, giving it a curly, almost sickeningly cute look. Caspar's grip on my hand tightened, the tension in the room making it hard to breathe.

"Well well well." Alex laughed, pulling himself up from where he was leaning on the counter. "Look at you two. Still together, 'ey?" 

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Caspar asked, his voice thick and rough.

"Easy tiger." Alex raised his hands in mock defeat. His gaze flickered over to where I stood, his eyes drinking in every inch of me, one eyelid dropping in a wink. "Hey beautiful." 

"Don't. Don't fucking talk to her." Caspar barked, releasing my hand and tugging me closer by my waist.

My throat was closed in fright and confusion, unsure of what he was doing here.

"Ooo, hit a nerve have I?" Alex laughed, placing his drink on the side and walking closer to us. I trembled softly, moving my body further behind Caspar's.

"You see, the thing is, you still haven't won Caspar. There's always a way around pathetic boyfriends like you. And trust me...I'll find it." Alex smirked again, smacking Caspar's arm with his. 

He still wanted me? I hadn't seen this guy in months, but he was still out to...I swallowed down my thoughts, unable to bring myself to think of what he wanted to do with me.

"I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you need to leave." Caspar spat. "This is my family. This is my house and my girlfriend and if you do anything to ruin tomorrow for my sister, I will kill you."

"Is that so? Well-"

"Oh Alex, there you are!" Caspar's mother's unawarely cheerful voice burst into the kitchen. "Come on, come on, Andrew needs a word with his best man."

"Best man?" I choked out, my voice slowly returning.

"Mm, see you later beautiful." Alex nodded, pushing past me and brushing my arm with his. I flinched away, my palm pressing heavily into Caspar's back, fingers gripping the material of his shirt.

I waited. We both stood there in silence, unable to comprahend what had just happened. That guy, the man who split me and Caspar apart over a stupid rumour. The guy who turned me into a selfish, judgemental bitch was back and I knew this couldn't end well.

"Alex...is Andrew's...best man?" I repeated, my eyes fixated on the floor. "How do they know eachother?"

"I-I have no idea." Caspar sighed, shaking his head. "Promise me you'll stay as far away from him as possible this week." He turned, gripping my hips tightly.

"Of course, of course." I nodded, taking Caspar's face in my hands. "He's nothing."

I kissed him, assuring him that I would not be believing this guy again. Over the past few months, spending all this time with Caspar made me realise that I was an idiot to believe Alex. Caspar had proved that he would do anything for me and not expect anything back. His honest, sweet, caring nature had shone allowing me to feel ashamed of myself for turning away from him and assuming he would do such a sick thing. It was all wrong and I still felt awful.

A buzzing in my pocket broke our lips apart, Caspar's forehead resting heavy on mine. I shuffled around, pulling my phone out from the back pocket in my leggings. 

Liam Dawson: Look what I found...x

An image was attach to a message and I was reluctant to open it. I locked my phone, slipping it back into my pocket.