Chapter 45

Song for this Chapter: 

You Me At Six - The Liar and The Lighter

"Oh have some heart and hold it to your chest
We weren't in love, we were too young"

*Summer's POV*

"Sum...Summer...come on wake up!" My shoulder was being lightly shaken as I slipped back into consciousness. I rubbed my bleary eyes and sat up, the early movement of the car had now stopped and a cold breeze trickled over my body, forming tiny goosebumps where ever it hit.

"Come on, we're home." Marcus spoke, his body poking through the car door. I murmured a response, rubbing my eyes once more and pulling myself to my feet. Slamming the car door shut, I stumbled tiredly towards the front door.

"Are-Are you staying here or going home?" I asked as I pulled my house keys from my bag.

"I can't be bothered to drive home. It's cool if I sleep on the sofa though right?" he asked. His steps mirrored mine as he followed me into my now unlocked house. I nodded, chucking my keys back into my bag. 

"Thanks." he smiled. 

"No problem. I'm going to head up to bed now so er, I'll see you in the morning I guess." I laughed, my words being jumbled in my head as tiredness overtook my senses. 

"See you in the morning." he repeated, wrapping his arms around my exhausted body. "Don't stay up all night worrying, okay? He's not worth it."

A felt a pang in my chest as those words left his mouth. Was he really not worth it? I mean, he hurt me - he still is hurting me, but it was worth it while it lasted. Even if it was all an act, it still meant something to me. 

"Good night." I spoke, removing myself from his embrace and dragging myself up the stairs.

I didn't bother taking my clothes off as I curled myself underneath the covers, thankful to be home. I embraced the chill of my empty bed, a strange feeling of loneliness taking over me. I'd gotten so used to sleeping with the warmth of Caspar beside me, that the bed felt empty, incomplete almost. I love sleep, because dreams are always better than reality. 

------------------------------------------------

The light shone brightly through my open curtains, covering my face. I groaned, rolling my body over and facing away from the window. My leggings had begun to cling to my legs as sweat covered my body, the heating in the house obviously had been turned up high whilst I was asleep. 

Taking a deep breath in I pulled my already clothed body out from the bed, my sock covered feet hitting the floor with barely a sound. I stripped my jumper off over my head leaving me in a vest top and leggings. My shoes had been kicked off over the other side of the room next to where my suitcase now lay. 

Picking up my phone from the table, I noticed I had 3 unread texts. 2 were from old friends who had heard I was back from America, the third from Zoe.

Zoe Sugg: Get yourself looking glam for tonight. Girls night out x

I tapped a reply saying that was exactly what I needed, before throwing my phone back down onto my bed. My newly bare feet padded their way along the hallway until I made my way down the stairs. The TV was on in the front room signalling that Marcus was awake. The kettle clicked on as I began boiling the water and crashing around the kitchen for something to eat. It was way past lunch time but I didn't care. 

"Sum?" Marcus yelled from the lounge.

"Yeah it's me!" I yelled back, my mug now filled with coffee granules.