Chapter 8 Surprise Visit

(Ingrid's POV)

Scott was driving me to Kirstie's place.  He said that Pentatonix is having a meeting about the next cover they're doing.

We arrived at Kirstie's apartment, took the elevator to the third floor.  And what I saw shocked me.  The door is wide open and there is no one in there.  Also, the window curtains in there are all closed. 

"She probably left it open to let some fresh air in."  Scott said.

We walked inside and Scott closed the door.  The whole place turned pitch black.  

Kirstie don't need lights to live?  That could only mean one thing.----She's a Dracula!

As I was thinking about my crazy theory.  I found out that Scott wasn't by my side anymore.

"Scott?  Where did you go?" I said in panic, waving my hands around.

Suddenly,I heard someone beat boxing....Kevin?

Then I saw a candle light coming from a room.  

It's Scott!!! Holding a cake......no....it couldn't be...

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Ingrid, happy birthday to you~~~" 

Scott, Avi, Kirstie, Kevin and Mitch.  They all came out from the room singing.

"SURPRISE!!!!" Avi turned on the lights.  Everybody yelled.

"Aww!! You guys, I'm overwhelmed....I don't know what to say.  I mean, it's your meeting.."  I said.

"There is no meeting, Ingrid." Mitch chuckled.

"Yeah, we're here just for you." Avi said, giving a warm smile.

And the party started. We all had fun until....

*someone knocks on the door*

"Now who could that be?" Kirstie questioned.

She went for the door and I followed her.

Opened the door, stood a man, blonde hair, green eyes.  Wearing black from head to toe.  He did not seem nice at all.

I got a little scared so I hid behind Kirstie.

"Joe? What are you doing here?" Kirstie asked unhappily.

Joe? Kirstie told me about him before.  He is an ex of hers.  They broke up a while ago.

 He started out sweet and thoughtful but as their relationship became more serious, he turned out to be rude and cruel.  Kirstie deserves much better than him. 

"I'm getting you back, Kirstie." He shrugged.

"For the last time, I don't ever wanna get back with you. EVER." Kirstie rolled her eyes.

"This is your last chance. Are you sure you don't want to?" He threatened.

"Positive. Don't you see it? I'm better off without you!" Kirstie said while crossing her arms.

"Then I guess it's time to get rid of you. You useless piece of trash!" He said with rage.

He put his right hand behind him. Reaching into one of his pockets...

He's got a gun.....