In the Back Alleys!

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

Kitsune walked around Serena with a nod every few seconds. "Do you like it?" The girl asked. Her Pokemon finally gave a nod and stepped away.

'Sure do! Perfect attire for detective work.' She confirmed. Serena closed her eyes and giggled, running a hand through her ponytail. Looker had called her again like he said he would, they had a case to work on. Kitsune skipped inside the Looker Bureau with the honey-blonde Trainer following behind.

Looker smiled upon their entrance and greeted his new partner. "Serena, you're here! You got my message on the Holo Caster, in fact?"

"Yup!" Though I took my time changing into a suitable attire, Serena thought. Grey Felt Hat, Black Trench Coat Dress, Black OTK Socks, and Black Zipped Boots.

"Then I need three minutes only." Looker started. "It is this. We have a case to solve!" Serena gave a light gasp of happiness. "I count on your help, Serena! Let us put our partnership to the test! My notes are on the desk. Take 30 seconds to read up on the case."

Serena nodded and went over to the desk, Kitsune jumped onto the desk, quickly examining the notebook.

'Children playing in dark alleys? That's dangerous!' Kitsune growled.

"Serena, the first thing I want you to do is to visit those dark alleys in Lumiose City." Looker instructed her. "Find where kids are hanging out, and get the lowdown on the situation. Got it? Think you can handle it, partner?" He asked.

Serena saluted with a serious expression. "I can totally handle it, sir!" Kitsune barked in agreement.

"I am counting on you, Serena. There are a number of alleys here in Lumiose City. Somewhere, in one of them, you should find those kids!" After a pause, he nodded to himself. "Yes. Yes, indeed. Hmm... My gut tells me there's something fishy about the alley leading off South Boulevard. When you've got a gut boiled as hard as mine, it's worth paying attention to! Start your investigation in South Boulevard. I'll join you when I can."

Serena nodded before heading for the door. "I'm off."

"Oh, wait! Here's an idea!" Looker stopped her in her tracks. "I need three seconds... To help you on your way, I'll jot down the locations of all the alleyways in my notebook!" Looker turned to his notebook and quickly wrote down the locations. "You've got this, Serena. Fear not. Off to the dark alleyways of Lumiose City!"

Not something you would say to a young girl... Serena looked to Kitsune who nodded and understood. The Zorua looked through the notebook and memorized the things needed.

*South Boulevard; Beside Restaurant Le Nah.

*North Boulevard; Across from the Galette Stand.

*North Boulevard; Across from Lumiose Station.

*North Boulevard; Beside Cafe Triste.

Serena decided to start at North Boulevard. She looked around the dark alley, the one across from Lumiose Station. There was nothing suspicious here. Kitsune sniffed around and shook her head.

'Only Pokemon have been here, no little humans.'

Serena nodded before they went to check another.

Once they checked the alley beside Cafe Triste, Kitsune immediately caught a scent. 'They've been here!' She started sniffing like crazy and ran out of the alley.

"K-Kitsune?!" Serena called after the Zorua before chasing after her.

Kitsune skidded to a halt at South Boulevard. Her Trainer showed up a few minutes later, a panting mess. 'Here.' Was all the Pokemon said. Serena glanced at her and cautiously stepped inside.