I'm Your Problem Now

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Serena sighed as she trudged away from the Pokemon Gym. The Gym Leader wasn't there. She was told that he went off to Winding Woods. The honey haired girl hugged her coat closer to her body, she never did like the cold. Serena noticed that the snow stopped and the closer she walked down the path to Winding Woods, the snow on the ground disappeared. "Oh, Good. I was having trouble walking in the snow." She said to herself with a smile before walking inside the woods.

The ground of the woods had no path which made the place look like a maze. Eventually through battling and catching Pokemon, Serena found a path leading out of the woods. She had to blink a few times from the sudden light, it seemed pretty warmer, where ever she was.

Serena looked over and saw a man with a blue winter coat. He was surrounded by a few Pokemon, they seemed to be friendly with them. She walked over, the Pokemon turned their attention to her and quickly fled.

"Oops." Serena scratched her chin. "Sorry for scaring away your friends." She apologized to the man.

"It's fine. They aren't used to strangers." The man reassured her. Serena nodded and took a glance around her.

"Where are we?" She asked.

"Welcome to the Pokemon Village." The man chuckled with his hands in the air.

"Pokemon Village?"

"This place is a secret, y'know? Most of the Pokemon here are runaways- escaped from bad people who did awful things to them." He frowned. "It's a shame how many heartless Trainers who can't bother to care for their Pokemon are out there." Serena noticed a few Pokemon peeking out from the trees and flowers. "Some of these Pokemon, though... Some of 'em are just too strong and found they didn't really have a place in the outside world, so they came here." He finished.

"Wow..." Serena felt the Pokeballs around her waist shake.

"Your Pokemon sure seem to think highly of you. You've had some good times together, haven't you?" Serena nodded happily. The man turned away and brought his hands to his mouth before shouting, "Hey! You all can come out now. This one's all right!"

The hiding Pokemon came out, gathering around the man and Serena, again. They looked up at Serena curiously. There are Furfrou, and Fletchling, and Espurr. Serena thought to herself.

"Sometimes I get worried and come here to check on everyone." The man said then remembered something. "Oh- excuse my manners. We haven't even had a proper introduction yet. The name's Wulfric."

Serena laughed and shook his hand. "It's fine, everyone forgets sometimes. I'm Serena."

"I'm usually over at the Gym in Snowbelle City, since I'm the Gym Leader and all. Let me guess- you want to challenge me?" Wulfric asked.

Serena nodded. "That's right."

"I thought so. Sorry to inconvenience you like this. I'll be waiting for you back at the Gym, then. Before you come by, I think it would do you good to spend some time with the Pokemon here." He told her before leaving.

"Alright! Bye!" Serena called after him before smiling at the Pokemon. "We're gonna have so much fun. Come out and play guys!" She threw all her Pokemon out.

'Play?' Fushigi asked. 'I don't play...' Sakura bopped him over the head with her wing.

'You have to! I mean...' She leaned closer to his ear. 'Just look at them...' Their eyes darted to the wild Pokemon giving them baby Growlithe eyes.

Serena hugged the nearest Pokemon, a Fletchling. "Just play with them while I explore, OK?"

Her team nodded before going to play.

~

Serena suddenly got the feeling of being watched again. Her Pokemon were in their Pokeballs resting, but it would have been nice to at least have one of them out. The girl stopped and heard some growling. The trees behind her started shaking violently. She gulped and suddenly felt a presence behind her. Seeing a shadow looming over her.

Slowly, Serena turned around and her eyes widened. On one of the tree branches, floated a creature she never saw before. It looked like a dragon and had three heads. Serena slowly turned back and put one foot out. Once hearing the Pokemon growl, she quickly took off.

While running, she got lost in her thoughts. Why would a Pokemon like that be in these woods. What if it got to Wulfric?

The Pokemon was slowly catching up to her. Serena tried to run faster, she noticed the trees disappeared when she ran by, as if they were changing from one spot to another. The honey haired girl looked back and saw a dead end. "O-Oh man!" Serena stopped running and faced the beast.

"Hydre!" The three-headed Pokemon roared and stared at her maliciously. Serena backed up only to trip and fall back. The Pokemon opened its mouth and shot a light blue orb of energy at her.

"Ah!" Serena rolled to the side and covered her head at the explosion beside her. "D-Dragon Rage!" She remembered the name of the move. Oh, wait. I have Pokemon! She reminded herself, choosing a random Pokeball from her belt. "Go!"

Lykos stretched and blinked. He looked around and saw his Trainer shaking with fear on the ground. Before he could ask anything, Serena pointed ahead and ordered, "Dragon Pulse!" The Lucario followed her line of vision and saw a Dragon-type Pokemon.

Lykos formed a multicolored ball of energy in his palms before shooting a beam at the Pokemon. It turned as the beam got closer sending it flying against a boulder once colliding. "Gon!"

Serena shakily got up after a few minutes. "Thank you, Lykos." He nodded.

A flash caught their attention as the fainted Pokemon grew smaller. When the light faded, a small Pokemon was in its place.

"Uh oh!" Serena ran over to check it. The wild Pokemon was still unconscious. The girl picked it up and ran out the forest with Lykos following. "We need to get it to the Pokemon Center!"

~

"Your Zorua is healthy now." Nurse Joy said as her Wigglytuff wheeled in a stretcher. The Zorua lied on her belly with her front right paw wrapped up.

"Thanks. She isn't mine though." Serena informed her. She observed the Tricky Fox Pokemon and noticed her paw. "What's wrong with her paw?" She asked the nurse.

"It's broken but it'll heal, don't worry." The nurse said. Serena sighed.

"I'm sorry, Zorua. You gave me such a fright."

The Zorua growled and turned her head with a 'humph'.

"That's cold..." Serena muttered sadly.

"With a broken paw, she might not be able to go back to the wild and be safe. You should take care of her." Nurse Joy said.

"B-But, she hates me." The Trainer tried to object but the older woman's stern gaze told her not to. "Fine." She turned to the Zorua and smiled. "Looks like you're coming with me!"

Zorua looked back at her then smirked. Serena could tell what she was thinking.

I'm your problem now!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*