Being Watched

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Kyaa!" Rang a high pitched squeak through the valley, echoing off the rock walls. Lykos looked at his Trainer worriedly as she lay face flat on the ground.

'You alright, Seri?' The Pokemon asked. Serena groaned as she got back up on her feet, with Lykos's help.

"Yeah. I'm fine for like the 10th time." She looked around with watchful eyes. Serena had been very clumsy these days and as if to make it worse, someone or something kept watching her. A stalker, maybe? Or probably just a Pokemon. Whatever it was must be the cause of her small accidents, with every fall she hears small snickers from a few feet away. "I just don't understand what's wrong with me!" The blonde shouted while slapping her cheeks a few times.

'Seri, please don't harm yourself!' Lykos frowned and stopped the girl once her cheeks started reddening. 'I'm sure it will go away soon.'

"Well, it better! I don't want to trip and fall off a cliff!" Serena fumed before stopping and smiling nervously. "P-Please, whoever you are, don't make me fall of a cliff!" Lykos rolled his eyes before pushing her toward the path and onto the bridge.

Once they were halfway across and cheery voice halted them. "Seri~!" Serena smiled and turned to the small brunette. Shauna smiled with determination, "Hey, do you know what's about to happen?" She asked.

Serena exchanged a look with Lykos. "Uh... Nope. What is it?"

Shauna giggled. "We're going to battle, silly! We ARE Pokemon Trainers, after all~!" The brunette spun and threw a Pokeball in the air, releasing a Delcatty.

"Alright!" Serena nodded at Lykos as he stepped forward for battle.

"You can win this Kitty-kins!" Shauna said to her Pokemon.

"Nyaa!"

~

"That reminded me of our battle in Aquacorde Town!" Shauna told Serena, who nodded in agreement. Matsu and Delphox shook hands ( Paws? ) but Delphox also gave him a bone crushing hug. Matsu wiggled free and sweatdropped at the giggling Fox Pokemon. The two girls smiled at them. "That was the first time for both of us to battle with our Pokemon."

"I'll never forget that." Serena said while returning the Greninja, Shauna doing the same with Delphox.

"Hello, Seri! Hi, Shauna!" Two voices called.

"Hm?" Said girls turned to the voices in confusion before smiling.

"What are you two up to?" Tierno asked. Shauna shrugged.

"Nothing big. How about you guys?"

Trevor chuckled. "Why, the same thing as you, Shauna. We heard about Seri from the professor, and we came running as fast as we could." Tierno walked over to Serena.

"Seri!" She nodded to him. "Can we have a Pokemon battle?" He asked.

"Oh."

"Uh... sorry to just throw that at you..." Tierno apologized. The honey haired girl waved a hand.

"It's fine. I love a good battle!" She grinned and released Lykos. Tierno fist pumped before releasing his Pokemon. A Talonflame and oddly familiar. "When did you get a Talonflame?" Serena asked him.

"Calem gave him to me." The heavyset boy smiled at the Scorching Pokemon. "Talonflame is a great and strong Pokemon! I'm glad to have him on my team." The Pokemon let out a chirp and flew in the air.

"I knew he was familiar. OK, Lykos, time to shine!" Serena shouted.

~

Lykos and Saki did great in their battle. Tierno sighed and returned his fallen Roserade.

"Wow! Tierny asking someone to battle? What's up with that?" Shauna asked while putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Geosenge Town made me think..." Tierno looked at Serena. "If Seri hadn't been there, I wouldn't be dancing now, that's for sure. That made me want to get to know Seri better, and I thought a battle would be the best way to do that." He scratched the back of his head. "It's kinda selfish of me, I guess. But it's also a way of thanking her!"

Trevor smiled sadly at his friend. "Tierno... It's great when Pokemon Trainers like us can understand the hearts and minds of other Trainers and their Pokemon through battle." He told him, "But before we do anything else, we should heal your's and Seri's Pokemon."

Serena and Tierno nodded and let him heal their Pokemon.

"I think I will follow the crowd and be your opponent as well." Trevor saluted. "But this time, it won't be about the Pokedex. It will be a Pokemon battle!" The boy clumsily threw out a Pokeball.

"Rai! Chu!" A Raichu cried and swished his tail.

~

Trevor sighed and walked to the side of the bridge. "There is still so much I don't know." He said, looking at the view. "Do I just not have what it takes?" The boy asked, mainly to himself.

"If it makes you feel any better, Aerodactyl was amazing! Sky Drop almost fainted Fushigi." Serena smiled. He shrugged. Shauna hopped over to Trevor's side.

"Wow! I don't think I've ever heard you worry about being weak or strong before, Trevor~!" She sang before getting serious. "You seem a lot bolder than you used to be. Is it because you went on a journey? Or maybe it's thanks to what you learned from being with your Pokemon, and with us- your friends!" The brunette cheered at the end. Trevor stared at her with a small blush, barely visible and noticeable to them. Shauna stopped and put a finger to her chin. "Speaking of which... Where's Calem?"

Serena looked away feeling upset for some reason.

"He's off training with the Mega Evolution guru." Tierno informed. "He said, 'friends are friends even if they can't be together.'"

Trevor smiled. "Indeed! Well, there's something we must attend to. Be seeing you!" The three walked back the direction of Couriway Town but Shauna stopped and turned around.

"I made some great friends." She started, "And thanks to my Lil' Fennekin that I met before we left, I was able to visit many places, meet a lot of nice people, and make many wonderful memories~!" Shauna gave Serena a hug before the brunette stepped back with a smile. "I've gotta get going! See you!" She quickly ran after the two boys.

Serena smiled and slowly turned to continue across the bridge.

And then she tripped...

"SERIOUSLY?!?!" Her frustrated shouts echoed again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*