Ravens 1.1

Flashback

Years ago

"Nympha, what are you doing?"

"Grooming" she shortly replied.

"Who?"

"January"

She was referring to the bird.

She defeated another nen user and got his uncanny ability of being able to control animals.

She seemed happy.

Seldom does she smile into something.

I am glad she is happy.

She is happy with the simple things especially with peace and quiet.

I think she was exposed at such an early age to the iniquity of human that is why she seldom trusts them.

But being with animals it relaxes her.

"Let me guess, you named the remaining birds as February until December." I laughingly stated as I looked at the remaining 11 birds near her.

It seemed like a flock of bird had caught her interest.

"They are not ordinary birds Raven. They have the same name with my best friend." Nympha stated.

My brows wrinkled. As far as I know she and marcus are nympha's only friend.

They are called marcus and raven?

I really am not fan of animals.

In fact, I never had a pet.

As to why? I really don't know.

She laughed at me.

"They are ravens. Common raven actually. They are one of the smartest birds and if taught well they can learn how to speak our language." She caressed the bird named Janaury. "The most amazing part is they inherently communicate with gestures. Using their beak, they can pinpoint possible enemies, our target. Also, they are the best spies. No one will question their existence. They can be found everywhere. Also, they can follow and leave with us wherever we go. Ravens are highly adaptable. They can live in a variety of habitats, from snow to desert to mountains to forests."

I can hear the excitement in her voice.

I approached one raven.

"They seemed young."

She nodded. "Yeah, they are. You see most young ravens form flocks. The one near you is September. She is about two years old. The oldest is three years old January." She patted the head of the raven she is currently grooming.

"How did you know?"

"Whenever they speak I can understand. This nen allows me to communicate and control them somehow."

"But you don't plan to control them do you?" I asked subconsciously.

She nodded which I expected.

Many did not know but the Threebok had earned 12 new members from Nympha's newest nen ability.

***

"What's bothering you?" I asked Nympha as she was sitting in the balcony immersed in thoughts while looking at the sky.

"Jan's flocks (the ravens) have great vision I am thinking if it is possible for you to conjure a mirror where we can see what Jan and his flocks can see."

I grabber her hand. "That's really a good idea, Nymph! I'll definitely cooperate." I enthusiastically replied.

***

For months of experimenting, she was able to permanently embed my nen in Jan and his flocks.

This way I can permanently have a link in their field of vision.

They have been my advanced eye spy ever since.

***

During the Threebok's time, Jan and his flock receive instructions from Nympha. She can communicate with them mentally.

When Nympha died and when she transferred her nen on me i do not know how it happened but i can mentally communicate with the ravens as well.

It's like Nympha's ability has been transferred on me.

***

The ravens have lived with me here at Mt. Kuraboto. They made my stay here less lonely. Also, they warn me for possible attacks and also they are my advance eye spy.