The Rival

Mu's POV

This is such a pain.

I held Raven in my arms as she collapsed after she teleported the both of us at Mt. Kurabuto after our "deal".

"This is because you are so hard-headed." I reprimanded her fully knowing she is unconscious.

I looked at her.

Fatigue written on her face.

Well, she had one hell of a day after all.

"I already told you that you rest first after we did the nen contract ritual but you insisted on going home and use the rest of your remaining aura to transport us here." I exhaled. This woman is really driving me crazy. I reprimanding her despite knowing that she can't hear anything is so not me. I never lose my cool.

But this woman...

"You are driving me insane." Once again I talked to her as if she is awake.

I ducked.

A knife was thrown at me.

Damn!

I was careless.

I did not inspect the place for possible people.

I looked around.

Wary.

Who could be at her place?

An assassin? Are there more men like Leo who is after Raven?

I princess-carried her, jumped high and produced en.

By producing en I located the person who threw the knife.

One person.

He is inside the cabin.

"Show yourself." I stated. "Hiding does not work on me."

A man walked outside the little cabin at Mt. Kurabuto.

Isn't he the guy Raven saved in Leo's den?

Realization hit me.

Could it be?

I looked at the unconscious Raven in my arms.

The reason you badly want to go back is him.

Are you that worried of him?

I looked at the guy. He can barely stand and judging from his dormant nen he is about to collapse any moment.

Well, the fact that he can even stand in less than a day after he was tortured by Leo's men amazes me. No normal doctor can improve his state by this much he must be healed by a nen user.

"I c-" I was not able to finish my sentence. I was about to explain that I did not come to harm them. But it seemed he won't stop attacking me unless Raven himself tells him. He seemed not the trust worthy type and I am not the most trust worthy looking person either. In fact, I was the reason why he was located and tortured by Leo's men. So yeah. I pretty much understand why he won't even listen to a single word I say.

Moreover, I honestly do not think he understands anything right now. I looked at him. He is definitely weakened. I bet he can't even clearly see me right now. Regardless his aim is perfectly accurate.

I jumped.

He was fast despite his condition.

His moves were silent.

My grip on the unconscious Raven tightened.

I ducked. A knife was thrown again in my direction. If I was a second late it would have broken through my skull if I was an ordinary person but since his attack are non nen I can easily deflect his attack with nen.

I remembered the corpses Leo showed me to find this man. An accurate puncture in their neck killed them all. Honestly, I was surprised to see him not using any nen during his capture. To think that it is the elite ten that Leo used to capture the man. Him not using nen in that kind of situation makes you conclude that he is a non nen user. Such a shame. He is skilled fighter. If he learned nen how powerful can he become?

It seemed that Leo's men were attacked in surprise and in a close range. To think that they were not able to use nen to protect themselves. A non nen user killing a nen user in a combat fight is truly remarkable. However, I think it is impossible if the nen user is prepared and if they were afar. Hence, he was probably cornered and he attacked them in surprise in an incredible speed. But still what incredible speed must he have done to simultaneously kill five nen users.

I exhaled as I see blood in the place where he stood earlier.

I have to get serious. He must be put to a stop or else all his major wounds would open up and he might definitely die. He is pushing himself past his limit. All because he thinks Raven is in danger.

I traced his location with en.

I laid Raven unto the ground and in an instant pinned him to the ground. "Stop this."

He kept on struggling that I was left with no choice but to hit him in the nape.

He lost consciousness.

I carried Raven first into the house and then went back and carried the guy inside.

I looked at them.

I wonder if they are lovers.

They are both willing to sacrifice their life for each other.

I subconsciously laugh. Humans falling in love is really something that never fails to amaze me.

It's stupid. Stupid to the extent of risking your life to someone not your family but fascinating.

Really fascinating.

Looks like I will enjoy my six month stay in this place.