Priorities

Kuroro’s POV

It has been a week and I can’t find the timing to tell Raven I am leaving.

Everytime I see Mu and Raven together, I just felt like I have to be there for her…

I know I have to leave Raven soon but after last night after I witnessed how Mu kissed Raven…

My grip tightened. Anger immediately rose to my system.

I calmed myself down.

I realized that there is a pressing concern I must resolve before... before leaving her.

“Stop sexually harassing her.” I stated to Mu as I approached him as he was sitting comfortably at the wooden bench outside Raven’s cabin.

“Sexually harassing her is a big word man.” He responded without even bothering to look at me.

“Stop calling her babe. Stop lying on her lap. Stop kissing her. Stop doing those sweet acts which makes her feel uncomfortable without her permission.” I stated in a calm manner.

“So you saw us kiss.” He giggled.

I ensured to maintain my poker face whichI find very hard to do right now.

I breathe slowly.

I saw how he kissed her that night.

I was mad.

Seeing how mad Raven is did not subside the anger I am feeling.

I opted not to follow them.

The intense emotion that I felt alarmed me.

Somehow I am aware I cannot control myself that night.

Somehow I knew I have to release my anger.

I went into the opposite direction of the forest where Raven headed to. 

I ran and punched the air.

I cannot afford to have wound.

Raven will definitely notice.

The last thing I want her to know is that I saw them kiss.

Damn you Mu!

Was all I kept on saying my mind.

I did not know how long I run and punched the air.

I just knew I had to go home when I saw the sunrise.

“Hmmm… looks like someone’s getting pissed. That is so not like you man.” He was teasing me.

Damn. I am pretty much unstable right now.

I should probably focus on what my purpose is why I initiated a conversation with Mu.

“What does it take for you to stop calling her babe?” I asked him.

Now he looked at me.

“Now we are talking.” He grinned.

He looks like he really is having fun.

He put his hands under his chin as he tried to think.

“Hmm...” A minute had passed. “For starters, why don’t you tell me honestly, why are you not afraid of death depending on your answer I’ll assess my next course of action towards Raven.”

I looked at him.

Of all favors, he opted to information extraction and out of all information that he can possibly get from me, this is what intrigued him?

More than wanting to know who I am or perhaps how Raven and I met, he is more interested in me being unafraid of death?

This question was asked to me once by a foe whose sister committed suicide.

I looked at him. “Who in your loved one committed suicide?” I asked my gaze not averting his face.

Bingo.

The shocked look on his face tells it all.

“Father?”

Nothing.

“Mother then.”

Bull’s eye.

His eyes shifted from shocked to a vicious prey ready to kill.

I immediately raised my hand in surrender.

“Don’t wanna fight man just simply asking questions.”

“Is there anything wrong?” Raven shouted.

She was inside the cabin but she must have felt Mu’s intent to kill.

Mu sighed.

Exhaled deeply.

He immediately formed a smile as he looked towards Raven to respond.

“Nothing babe. All good here.”

Raven’s gaze did not leave me.

She was worried.

Mu sensed Raven’s worry and stood at the wooden bench as he walked towards her and away from me.

“Hey Mu” I called him out and he looked at me.

“I’ll walk with you.” I stated as I stood and walked beside him.

Raven after sensing things have settled, stop gazing at us and continue whatever she was doing at the cabin.

“Not threatening you but if you want me to stop questions related to your mother’s suicide, you should probably listen to my request earlier.” I stated at him with my poker face on after ensuring that Raven is no longer looking at us.

He closed his eyes and breathe slowly.

He probably is stopping himself from emitting threatening aura that may alarm Raven.

He probably wants to kill me right now if not for Raven’s presence.

“Fine.” He stated.

As I walked away, he grabbed my wrist hard. “Bad play man. You should have not threatened me. Believe it or  not I have no intention of getting your girl. Now, I am more than motivated to get your girl.” He whispered at me.

I just shrugged his comment and grabbed the wrist of the arm he used to grab my wrist.

I put pressure on it.

He, not able to produce nen without alarming Raven, was left with no choice but to let go of my arm.

I don’t have nen but my physical strength are still way stronger than a normal human and perhaps your average hunter.

I exhaled.

I have to calm myself.

I just shrugged his comment but deep inside if only I have my nen...

I would have killed him right then.