Man to Man Talk

Mu's POV

"Why are you here?"

I looked at him. I looked at the guy who attacked me. He looked serious when he approached me earlier and gently asked Raven to leave us alone.

He is still not well but he seemed like he is so ready to fight me. Like seriously? Just where do he get the courage? Does he think he could win? Or he probably knew I have no intentions of killing him?

"I am Mu by the way and you are?" I gently dismissed his question.

"Kuroro Lucifer and your real name is?"

I looked at him. I was taken aback by his question. I tried to hide it.

It is been a while since someone asked for my real name.

I have never given it to anyone.

It's been what?

13 years I guess.

13 years since I had not recalled my name.

After he died. When I was left all alone to survive. I have never used my real name. Never told it to anyone.

I just smiled.

Giving him the hint that I have no intentions of telling him my real name.

I looked away.

My sight saw Raven outside lying in the grass.

I subconsciously smiled.

So carefree.

"She must love this place." I subconsciously muttered.

"She does."

I looked at Kuroro.

He was also subconsciously smiling while looking at Raven.

He was looking at her in a very fascinating manner.

It seemed he was mesmerized and extremely glad just staring at Raven.

His gaze was gentle.

It was filled with emotions.

Was this the same man I talked to earlier?

No emotions. Serious. Calm and collected.

Despite being tortured, he did not show any emotions but staring at Raven he showed a lot of emotions so not in his character.

I wonder.

I looked at Raven.

I wonder just how amazing this woman is.

"Do you like her?" I asked him.

For a second he was taken aback.

Again.

He was caught off guard.

This man.

Unknowingly I am also curious about him.

The day when I witnessed his torture.

It has haunted me.

I have never seen someone like him.

Unafraid to die. Not afraid of pain.

It's crazy. Really.

Humans normally they can easily state that they are not afraid of death. And a lot are really not afraid and they just embrace it.

Suicide.

It was a waste of life. Humans. They just easily give up. They throw away their lives. They have lost their purpose. Their will to survive. They have given up to all hardships. They just chose to let go.

Disgusting.

They give up. Not even caring for the ones that they left.

Not even thinking that perhaps there are people who wanted to see them alive.

That there are people who actually wanted to meet their mother and at least get to know what it's like to have a mother.

I exhaled. So many things I have tried to forget are resurfacing because I am talking to this man.

I looked at Kuroro.

But this man. He is not suicidal. And he is not afraid of pain. I have never seen someone commit suicide with extreme pain. They always do it fast and painless.

I do not know his goals but he seemed driven and confident. But he is not afraid to die. And he is not afraid to feel pain. Worse. He seemed comfortable being tortured.

Who gets comfortable being tortured?

Just what kind of past does he have to live such way?

I do not admire him. But he really stirs my curiosity.

The same with Raven. She also stirs my curiosity but unlike Kuroro she stirs it in a positive way.

Whenever I see her I feel something nice and enjoy getting to know her.

But Kuroro, he embeds a very dark vibe. I feel something dark about everything about him.

However, just now... when he stared at Raven. He emitted a positive vibe. It is like he is changing.

I personally do not know him but someone's vibe can define so much about them.

I really think Raven is changing him in a manner not anyone can do.

And I guess that is good for him.

I do not know anything about him but I am certain. I am very certain he did not have a happy past.

His past is dark and probably very harsh.

My past is dark and harsh but for some reason I think he had a much worse past than I am.

And to be able to smile like that... I wonder what had Raven done?

I wonder.

I wonder. If she could do something about me.

I am not sad.

It is just sometimes...

Sometimes I feel like...

I am losing my purpose...

It is just sometimes I feel like I am lost.

It is just sometimes I do not know why...

Why am I breathing?

Why do I wake up?

"Do you like her?" He asked me instead of responding.

Honestly, I do not like her. I am certain. I do not love her. She simply is a very interesting woman for me. I just want to get to know her more. Just because she stirs my curiosity and for the first time in my life I felt like I am doing 'something' that somehow makes me happy.

"If I say yes." I looked at him. His face emotionless. I hate how he is so good with poker faces once you have not caught him off guard. I think I just witnessed something rarest of the rarest instance when I caught him off guard earlier. "What will you do?"

He intently stared at me. "She is not some toy. You do know that. Right?" His voice threatening.

I smirked and smiled.

"You do know that no matter how much you threaten me you will never be threatening enough don't you?"

"I do." He calmly stated. "I am just merely asking you an obvious fact."

Again. Again. He was not even triggered. He was not even degraded. Does this guy have ego?

I can just imagine how strong he will be in a fight when he can definitely win in every mental battle.

"I do know that." I walked near him. "Do you still have anything to discuss. "I am kinda hungry."

He stared at me and shook his head.

I gently tapped his chest. "Nice talking to you man."

I walked away.

I will really enjoy my stay here.