Unexpected Rival 1.2

Mu's POV

"If I agree with granting your three wishes how can I ensure you will do as you promised?" She finally stated after several minutes had passed.

Smart choice.

Or she just hates violence.

When she was fighting earlier I noticed her attacks were fast and accurate.

One cut and their dead.

It seemed like she does not want them to suffer.

She's pretty soft for someone who had killed many.

"Are you familiar with the nen contract?" I stated.

She nodded.

A nen contract is almost similar to written contracts of ordinary people the only difference is that there are no soft nor hard copies of the document. The agreement is written in the air with the combined nen of the affected parties. Once both parties have agreed to what is written they will both release their nen taking the contract as valid and irrevocable. Not abiding the agreement in the nen contract means losing your nen forever.

She was silent again.

Thinking.

Calculating.

"Before I agree, I must know your three wishes now." She emphasized the latter word.

I am silent for a moment.

"Well..." That took me off guard.

I honestly don't know what I want yet.

"Hmm. Let's see for one, tell me how you defeated the dark horse members, the elite ten and how did you find me."

I looked at her no reaction.

"Second." I paused.

What do I want?

Honestly, I really want to get to know her.

A smart idea come to my mind.

I stopped myself from smiling as I stated my second wish.

"Let me live with you for six months."

Now her face was unexplainable.

"Third." Again I paused.

Minutes had passed and I can't still think of my third wish.

"I will tell my third wish not after six months from now. " I finally stated.

Her brows raised to the highest possible after I enumerated my wish.

"What's with the second wish? I am against it." She immediately stated.

That's not surprising.

I honestly can't think of anything to make her agree with me aside from using what I believe is her kind heart.

"It may not seem obvious but a lot of people hates me and want me dead. Your place seemed like a good safe house."

What I stated is partly true.

Well I don't have major enemies that seriously
wants me dead. I live a very low profile life. I don't fight meaninglessly.

What is partly true is that her place seemed a good safe house.

I stopped myself from laughing at my twisted brain.

I at least have to look pitiful.

"I am not going to protect you from anyone." She clearly stated.

"And I don't expect you to. I am used to protect myself anyways." I immediately responded.

Empathy can be seen in her eyes.

My plan is working.

She really has a big and kind heart.

"Six months is too long. If you will find Leo's killer six months after. I cannot wait that long." She changed topic.

This is a good sign.

"A month after. I'll start looking for the killer. But I'll stay six months at your house."

She is bargaining.

Really good sign.

"A month is too long." She stated.

I looked at her.

I can feel her nen.

It's too thin.

It has significantly decreased from the first time I met her.

Earlier, when she implied to Leo that she killed the elite ten I was not surprised.

I immediately noticed the difference in her amount of nen from the first time she attack and the second time she confronted Leo.

"Believe me, a month is just enough. You have to recuperate. You seemed exhausted."

She seemed alarmed.

She should be.

I just diagnosed her nen state with full accuracy.

She was about to say something but she opted not to.

"Fine." She sighed. "But i am against the third wish."

I get why she is against it.

"Honestly, I cannot think of a third wish that is why i stated it like that." I paused and think for a moment. "Let us just add a condition in the third wish that my third wish will only be valid with your consent. You cannot be coerced to grant me my third wish unless you have nothing against it and agreed to it wholeheartedly."

She was silent.

"What if you weren't able to give me a wish after six months?" She asked.

"Then the contract is completed and you are free from all obligations towards me." I stated nonchalantly.

She is staring at me.

Thinking.

Calculating if she can trust me.

I never emit the trust worthy aura.

Lying has been as easy as breathing for me.

Deception has been my favorite game.

But I do not have any bad intentions on this three wishes proposal on Raven.

I just sincerely want to get to know her.

That is all and I hope she can feel that earnest intention that happens very rare in my life.