Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Chapter 21

Taylor POV

I knew that Grant and Mary would look after each other and Mary would make sure that Grant rested like the doctor had ordered him too. Though I still didn’t feel right leaving those two alone for a few days and wondered whether they were actually going to be able to get along. Mary still has some hate towards Grant because she’s Lulu’s best friend but if I leave the scene for 3-4 days it would give them time to work everything out and hopefully start to bond. I’d given Mary a large goodbye hug before she left to catch the bus this morning and I’d promised to call tonight and every night whilst I’m away if I’m able to. She was nervous about me and whether I’m going to get there safely though I’ve assured her several times that I would be fine. Grant had been up and about all morning before I left as he wanted to prove that Mary and him would be fine, that my parents didn’t need to check on them every now and then. However it would just be dad because Mom is coming with me to LA.

Travelling has never been this emotionally draining before but then again it had been a month since I’d travelled last and my life has changed dramatically since. I mean last time I travelled; I didn’t have a boyfriend let alone a boyfriend who wasn’t allowed to travel, nor did I have a daughter to worry about. Though I was going to be several thousand miles away from them in a completely different state to which they wouldn’t be there whenever I turned around was rather saddening. Although I’d texted Selena about a girly catch up because I needed to see my friends and take my mind off things I have to do over the next couple of days. I knew that Emma was in town at the moment and I was pretty sure that Demi was too, but apart from that I have no idea who else Selena will ring to catch up. One thing was for sure though, it was going to be a party and I’ll really be able to relax before getting down to business in the next couple of days.

T: Just landed, make sure to tell Mary that she needs to prepare her school bag tonight instead of tomorrow morning like she usually does. I’ll ring later I texted to Grant as the plane taxied to the parking spot in the hangar. It was nice to be able to afford to travel in luxury and be able to book a pilot for my jet instead of having to book a flight on another commercial plane. I loved seeing my fans and having them come up to me but on a plane is not somewhere that I like to be bothered as I have a slight fear of heights and I just like to unwind on plane rides. I don’t enjoy the international long haul ones though. I knew that when Mary would come on board this plane she would think she’d died and gone to heaven, I mean they used my plane to get to Nashville but it was before I’d made the changes. I’d installed a DVD player so that she would be able to watch DVD’s on the journey wherever we go next – probably Vegas though rumour had it that my management wanted me to go and perform in Brazil as I’d not been there yet and I've always wanted to go. Neither Mary nor Grant knew I was going to go to Brazil yet as it’d not been confirmed because there were issues with the venue or something.

G: Enjoy your evening, Love You Grant replied to which I knew he would probably tell me later when Mary was home or I would simply have to guess. I wanted to be able to talk to her before I go out tonight. I don’t want Mary to think that just because I’m going to be with my friends and everything here that I don’t think and care about her. I knew that one of the main topics tonight was going to be about her because they were all similar ages to me and none of them had a kid but I did. It was my choice and she’s only really been here for a month seeing as she arrived August 2nd and it’s now September 4th. I wouldn’t want my life any other way and I loved being Mary’s mom.

T: Hey Sel, just touched down in LA, Where we meeting tonight? I texted curious as to where they were going to take me out to and I was curious to see who exactly was coming and would meet me at the destination.