Friends Forever

Chapter 20

Taylor POV

It’s important for everyone to have those friends that they can lean on and turn to when they need someone to talk to. I found it very important that Mary be able to have her friends round to hang out and in a place away from school. I was also going to be able to catch up with my friends when I’m in LA over the next couple of days as I knew they were all going to be around. Mariah seems to be the one who had her head on straight and would stick with Mary no matter what and didn’t really mind that I was some mega star. I just have a feeling that Stella is more focused on me this afternoon because Mary’s told me how big of a fan of mine she is. I didn’t want to be the one who Stella was focused on, I wanted to be the mom who was around if needed but wasn’t hanging out with them or anything as it wasn’t my role. Besides I’m pretty sure Mary would think I was a dag if I did that or she would think that I was really lame.

This afternoon was supposed to be about Mary, Mariah and Stella hanging out away from school rather than “OMG its Taylor Swift” afternoon because I’ll have plenty of them when I go out in LA and I don’t need anymore.

“So who wants what?” I asked as we walked over to the counter and display of all the flavours of ice cream at the ice cream parlour. I already knew what flavour I would be having and Mary had told me this morning that she would probably have the same flavour as last time. However I didn’t know what flavours Mariah and Stella would like, I knew that Mariah was probably going to try and pay for her own as her mom had rung last night asking did she need money. Although I’d told her that money wouldn’t be needed she had told me she gave Mariah some anyway as they didn’t want me to pay for everything. But this would be my treat for the girls and I would pay for all the ice cream whether they liked it or not.

“I’ll have Raspberry Swirl please” Mariah said before taking out her purse

“No this is my treat, How about you Stella, what would you like?” I asked

“Can I have the Cookies and Cream please?” Stella asked before I tell Mary to go and find a table for us all and I’ll bring the ice cream over when it’s ready.

They way Mary, Mariah and Stella all interact with each other and the facial expression which they have when in conversation really intrigues me. I would imagine that my mom probably felt the same when she was around my friends and me. However Mary and her friends is something that really interests me but I don’t understand why that is. Though I suppose you could saw that it’s the maternal side of me coming out from all the looking after Mary and the love which I have for her. There are so many things which I’m so excited about doing with her and places which I’m going to show her all around the world. Christmas is slowly approaching but its still 4 months away and whilst it’s going to be a time where she’ll get to meet most of my family and I’m going to spoil her rotten. It’s also going to be a time which is our first major holiday as a family or within the time she’s been with me. I mean she missed the big July 4th celebration that I hold every year and her birthday isn’t till May and it’s a long time till then so Christmas is all that I have in the near future.

“I think the ice cream’s ready, are you going to get it or wait till it’s melted?” Mary teased as she pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked over to see where the woman at the counter was calling telling me the ice cream was ready. However by the time I’d actually registered her calling me, Stella and Mary had already gotten up to get the ice cream.

“Sorry I was miles away” I say following them back to the table.

“Obviously, what is keeping you away from ice cream?” Mary asked and I knew that she was just teasing and trying to look like she was cool in front of her friends. I didn’t mind because I’m sure that when I was her age I was just as cheeky with my friends. Mary and I had that kind of relationship where we make a mockery of each other but we always know that the other is only joking and don’t actually mean it.