Can't Hold Back, I Need You

Chapter 13

Taylor’s POV

The minute that camera stopped rolling which ended my webcast I just wanted to get up and go to the hospital. I knew that I had official things to attend to first like having a group photo with my fans who’d come from all over to be with me and playing a couple of tracks off my album acoustically. I’ve not heard from grant since Mary told me that they were leaving and I wanted to know how Lulu and Claire were. But no news is good news I thought to myself as I walked out of the room with my fans to grab my guitar. I could have had my guitar brought to me but I really just needed a minute away to text Grant to see how everyone was and if Mary was coping with it all.

T: How’s everything going? Sending my love to both Claire and Lulu I texted hoping that Grant would respond to this text by the time I came back from doing the last couple of official duties which I had. I was worried about Lulu after mom had told me that she was in a bad shape because didn’t want Lulu to not be there when I got to the hospital. I didn’t want such a special girl to me like Lulu to die or for Mary to have to see her best friend attached to various machines. When I’d heard that Lulu was in a bad shape my I instantly thought of her being on a life support – I really watch too much Grey’s Anatomy. I couldn’t imagine how worried Mary must be, she’s been through so much already and seeing her friend fighting for life isn’t something she should ever see. I picked up my guitar before moving back to the living room. I knew that the fans could tell something was going on as I definitely hadn’t been my usual self since Mary had told me about Lulu but when you hear news like that it’s expected that you’re not yourself.

Half an hour later, I bid everyone a final farewell and made my way towards the back room where I’d placed all my stuff for the day. I checked my phone for any new messages to which I was relieved to see that Grant had texted me back.

G: Claire has cuts and bruises but is fine. Lulu has a broken leg and has just come out of surgery. She’s currently in intensive care. Mary is restless about seeing her but I’m managing to keep her entertained I read Grant’s text to which I could feel like he was hiding something which he’ll hopefully tell me when I get to the hospital.

T: we’ve just finished here, I’ll be there soon  I texted before quickly changing back into my casual clothes and placed the outfit which I’d worn for the webcast in the wardrobe. I took a mental note to come back in a couple of days to pick it up as I shouldn’t be keeping all my stuff at my parents place. I hoped that by the time I was done and ready to go all the fans would have left and I should be able to just get in the car and leave towards the hospital.

I’d apologised to them earlier about being a little different today but I just said that I simply wasn’t feeling well rather than to actually tell them the truth. I didn’t want to confess to what happened as it wasn’t my news to share and there was no way that I would risk Grant’s trust. Although I may be wrong in one aspect it was right in all the others that I could think of. Friendship is more important to me then fame ever will be and I would choose friendship over fame any day. I love having the life which I do and being able to do the things which I can like travelling round the world to play in sold out stadiums. But I would give it all up in a flash if my friends called on me too, if they asked me to give it all up I would. It would be hard but I would do it.

When I arrived at the hospital I knew that Grant would probably still be in the waiting room as I hadn’t heard that she’d been moved out of intensive care. I knew that Claire was probably in the room with Lulu and Grant would be in the waiting room with Mary or it could be Claire but I doubt it. I trusted both Claire and Grant with everything I have and I know that they would look after Mary just fine. I knew Claire was a tad jealous of Mary because of the fact that everything she had she didn’t have to work for. She was jealous of how Mary could come from the lowest of lows in the institution going between different families to come and have a high life by living with me. Everything that I can give her I’ve worked for and she’s my daughter so what I have she has too. Claire was successful, she had a perfect job that paid her nicely (I would know as she has worked on my tours and I know how much dancers are paid), she has a beautiful daughter and a handsome man at her side.