Dissapperances, And Love Confessions

Embry was finally out of the hospital as Monique stepped out on her front porch to get the paper. His mother, Mrs. Call was unloading all the bags from the car, ushering her husband to move the luggage inside. Sam and Emily were there as well, helping the distraught parents unload their son from the car. The two cast and the neck brace were gone, the only signs of a confrontation, being the angry red gash on his left temple, the cut on his eyebrow, and the ugly yellow and blue bruise sprinkled on his right cheek. Monique's heart clenched in regret, her hands tightly clutching the dull black and white Port Angeles Times newspaper.

It had been two weeks since her visit to the hospital, and Monique hadn't spoken to Embry since then… This was her first time ever seeing him outside of hospital walls. Retreating quickly back into the house, Monique didn't notice the young boy, who looked longingly at her as she walked away. Sitting at the kitchen table, Monique unfolded the crumpled up newspaper, smoothing it out on the wooden oak table. The headline was in black, bold print, its title reading: Two Fishermen Recently Found Today in the Woods Near Seattle, Washington. "Those are the fifth and sixth ones this month…" Monique thought quietly, her hands brushing against the picture and its caption. Police cruisers were surrounding the forest area around Seattle, hound dogs sniffing along the mossy ground. "Those people probably had family and friends…."

"Monique" said girl jumped slightly at the new presence in the kitchen, her head whipping around to see a puzzled Renia. "Take it easy Mo" she started, holding up her hands in surrender, "Sam just called. Were having a meeting this afternoon to discuss the disappearances that are happening up near Seattle" Monique nodded quietly and set the paper down, cradling her head in her hands. "What's wrong Mo?" her sister questioned, sitting down at the kitchen table. Monique shrugged her shoulders, and Renia looked at her with a worried gaze. "…Alright" she stated assuredly, "time to call in the reinforcements" the kitchen chair scraped soundly against the linoleum as her sister got up, her bare feet padding against the cold tiles.

Coming back a few minutes later, Roy and Maalon entered the room as well, stacks of DVD's and tubs of Ben&Jerry's and Bluebell Ice Cream, piled in their hands. "We haven't had a girls night in forever" Maalon chirped, as they filed into the living room, "So now's the perfect time!" Roy nodded her agreement, popping A Walk to Remember into the DVD player. Dimming the lights, the four sisters cuddled up on the big plush leather sofa, throwing a knitted comforter over their legs. The tubs of ice cream were set in front of them, bowls up bowls of candy sitting precariously on the glass table.

"So how are you and Embry doing?" Roy asked, her eyes glued to the television screen. Swallowing back the icy cold desert, Maalon thought slowly of what her next answer should be.

"I went to visit him at the hospital" she began slowly, "but I haven't seen him since then…" By now the movie was over, and Renia groaned, stretching out her tired limbs. "How come?" she asked quietly. Again shrugging, Monique abruptly excused herself, taking the empty tubs and bowls into the kitchen. "Because…" she whispered quietly. Her three sisters clambered onto the tiled counters, confused expressions crossing their faces. "Because what, honey?" Maalon asked anxiously. "Because I'm not good for him okay! I got him hurt! I put him in that hospital! Not Laurent, Not the Cullen's, Not Anyone! It was me! H-He should hate me, but he doesn't! He doesn't it, and that kills me ! I'm a terrible person, and he still cares for me. He…" Monique leaned weakly against the counter, tears streaming in tracks down her face. Attentively her sisters gathered around her, enveloping their distraught sister in a hug.

Later that afternoon, the wolf pack gathered outside the entrance to La Push reservation. "I've called you all here today" Sam began gruffly, "to speak about all the disappearances that have been happening lately up near Seattle. Numbers and data have been giving, and so far six fishermen have gone missing… It's becoming an epidemic…" Emily placed a comforting hand on her husband's shoulder, and everyone could see him instantly relax. Monique could feel eyes boring into her figure, and she glanced to see Embry staring at her intensely. "Can we talk?" he mouthed to her silently. Hesitatingly Monique nodded yes, and a look of relief crossed Embry's face. After the meeting, Renia and her other sisters gazed at their sister worriedly. "You guys go on…." She hesitated, "I'll catch up with you later." A warm hand grasper hers gently, and Monique turned to meet the warm, brown eyes of Embry. "Let's go somewhere more quiet…" he pulled her towards the off way path, leading outside of the res, their feet crunching against the hard gravel. After a while Monique began to speak, "You wanted to talk?" she whispered. Halting to a complete stop, Embry lazily dropped Monique's hand.

"Have you been avoiding me?" he asked point blank. Monique's eyes widened in surprise, and she fought to swallow the lump that had formed in her throat. "W-Why would you think that?" her hands were shaking and Embry could sense the underlying alarm which wracked her shaking voice. "Well it's been two weeks…" he trailed off. The sound of quiet footsteps padded behind her on the gravely pavement, Embry's large, calloused hands, rising to rest on her shoulders.

"After all this time you still think it's your fault, don't you?" he whispered huskily in her ear, wrapping his arms around her waist. She sucked in her breath, inevitably leaning in to his touch, her eyes drooping to half-slits. "That's because it is my fault" she started. The boy behind her chuckled without humor, his warm breath washing over her face.

"If it was your fault" he began, trailing his lips down her neck, "would I be doing this?" he nipped at the pulse point in her neck and Monique jumped in surprise. "Or this…?" his right hand trailed the expanse of her ribcage, stopping just on her hips, where he grabbed pulling her back to meet his front. "Embry…-"

"Don't you get it?" he interrupted. In the blink of an eye, Monique found herself pinned against a tree, Embry's form pressed against her. Monique's eyes widened in surprise, an unhumanistic growl erupting from Embry's throat. "Don't you get that I love you!" He pressed himself closer to the defenseless girl, taking in her unearthly scent. It was intoxicating….

"Embry…" she tried to whisper again. Said boy crashed his lips upon hers to silence her, emitting a surprised gasp from Monique. Embry took that opportunity to snake his tongue into her mouth, and Monique groaned, trying to gain back some control. Embry grasped her thighs gently, hoisting her up his body, her legs instinctively wrapping around his waist. Her hands tangled in his hair, as she finally began to kiss back, her nimble fingers knotting into his hair. Embry gave a strangled growl, gripping his love tighter. Finally the couple broke apart for air, Monique's lips kiss swollen, and her cheeks flushed, a pretty pink. Embry buried his head in the crook of her neck, kissing gently at the column of her throat. "I love you Mo" he murmured again. Monique felt warm tears trek down her cheeks, as she hugged to boy tighter, hanging on for dear life.

"I love you too Em…" she whispered lovingly, stroking his now longer, brown tresses. "I love you too…."