30) With Arms Wide Open (Part Two)

Inspired Song: With Arms Wide Open by: Creed 

Chapter Thirty- With Arms Wide Open (Part Two)

 The forest is bright green and lively this type of year. Flowers grow as the spring winds carry the winter away. I stare down at the color fish as they swim around in the pond, and a giggle escapes my lips before I hear her laughing.

 I turn around quickly, my dress opening like a hoop around me, to see her golden eyes staring down at me. I smile widely before running into her waiting arms. She lifts me off the ground and sets me on her hip. My small hands burry themselves in her silk curls as I hear Clayton and Carson behind her.

 She turns around and playfully glares at Clay. "You know better than to let your sister come out here alone"

 Clay blows his long hair out of his eyes as he stares up at her "It's not my fault! She smaller than me and can run faster!"

 I stick my tongue out at him, before my Mum sets me down on the ground. "Just don't let it happen again Clayton, now let's go up for some lunch"

 The second her back turned Clay pinched my arm. "Ow!" I complain to him, rubbing my arm.

 "Your such a baby" He said grabbing Carson's hand and started to walk behind her.

 "I'm six!" I defend running to catch up with him.

 "When I was six, I was already working outside with Dad" He told me.

 "Come on children!" My Mum calls out turning back around to face us. Her golden hair flows in the wind around her face as her smile gleams down on the three of us.

 Then she slowly fades away, as does the scenery, and I'm left alone in the darkness. My first thought is how uncomfortable I feel, and how my eyes are not open. It takes a while to flutter them open and when I do I wish I hadn't for a blinding light causes me to close them immediately. I reach up to rub my eyes but realize that it takes too much work and that I am too weak.

 The next thing I hear is Tom sighing my name. I force my eyes open and turn my face to see his.

 He smiled down at me, brushing some hair out of my face. "Finally you're awake"

 I squinted at him, then at the hospital room. "Why am I here?" I asked, confused.

 His eyes turned dark "Cassie?"

 "What?" I asked annoyed.

 "You went into labor" His eyes burned through mine. He said each word slowly so I could process it.

 Then I remembered, I'm supposed to be pregnant. I slowly removed my eyes from his and looked down at my slightly flattened stomach, with all my strength I brought up my hand and gently touched my stomach. "Ow" I whispered as I felt raw flesh under the sheets. "What happened?"

 He sighed and folded his arms on the bed, propping one up so that he could rest his chin on his hand. "Well, lucky for me, James called me before I got on the plane, and I rushed back here and-"

 "Tom" I broke through his ranting "I love it that your here and everything, but what happened to the baby?" My voice choked out the last words, replaying the small conversation of a potential miscarriage between James and Julia.

 He smiled and took my shaky hand in his, caressing it softly. "We have a baby girl"

 The moment the vibrations of his voice reached my ears, my heart throbbed. I smiled brightly and sat up slightly paying little attention to the pain that followed. "Really?"