22) Please Don't Walk Away Please Tell Me That You'll Stay

Inspired Song: Your Guardian Angel by: The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus 

Chapter Twenty Two- Please Don't Walk Away, Please Tell Me You'll Stay

Numbness surrounds me as I lie in an unmade bed, in the dark, flipping through a television that I thought I wouldn't even turn on once on this trip. My eyes are sore and puffy, hair is a mess, and to only think that a few days ago I was being pampered in a spa.

I didn't leave the hotel room very much for two reasons; one Lyle is watching me like a hawk and two there really isn't much to do when you alone. There are couples or families everywhere I go and they mock me continuously.

I mean really this is a hard blow, being left by yourself on your honeymoon. Sure Tom had an okay reason I suppose but for once, just once, I was looking forward to not having to worry about when he would be leaving for a week. That maybe I would have his undivided attention, that there would be no interruptions, or at least if there were that he would ignore them.

I shut the television off, not even paying attention to the infomercials anymore; darkness captivated the room and my eyes adjusted to the moon light streaming through the window.

Throwing my feet over the side of the bed, I grabbed my sweater and patted over to the door.

I opened it slowly to reveal Lyle standing there arms behind his back, sunglasses on, in a dark black suit. He looked over his shoulder when he heard the door click.

I crossed my arms over my chest nervously. "Are you hungry?"

He coughed "If you are hungry we can go find something"

I blew out a breath of air in an exasperated huff "I asked if you were hungry."

He shifted uncomfortably "I could deal with some food"

I nodded "Alright then let's go find something"

It took awhile for him to get that he didn't need to walk behind me. We found a nice seafood place that sat on the top of the ocean, on the walk way behind the hotel. It was very awkward, probably one of the most awkward silences I have ever experienced in my life, but when I had insisted that he actually walk with me he began to open up.

I found out that he had a wife and that they have been married for ten years, he had a six year old boy that he doesn't get to see much, and that the point of him telling me this is to give me some perspective of the way Tom sees this; of course it had to have some other meaning to it. This didn't make me feel better if anything it made me feel worse; because I knew that they story he told would become mine soon.

After dinner Lyle walked us back into Tom and I's suite, and we ended up playing many rounds of go fish until the door opened up, at about midnight, and my husband walked through.

Lyle's chuckles drifted to a halt as the tension in the air built to an extreme. He coughed awkwardly and stood up from the bed, leaving the cards discarded on the sheets. "I'll leave you two alone" and he fled out the door into the hallway closing the door behind him as he went.

I frowned at Tom's appearance. His hair was disheveled, brown locks had begun to creep back into the blonde, his eyes looked tired and desperate, and his shoulders were slumped foreword.

I stood out of the bed and closer to him. His mouth opened and closed before he began to utter an "I...-" but I cut him short by shushing him. He stood there with a confused expression on his face and his mouth slowly agape as I walked closer to him.

I reached inside his jeans pocket and pulled out his phone. "Hey-"

He started but I cut him off again with my hand.