10) You Will Be Safe In My Arms

Inspired song: In my arms by: Plumb

Chapter Ten- You Will Be Safe In My Arms

Tom turned off the car slowly. We hadn't talked the entire ride home. The silence was suffocating, and I was worried. Tom wouldn't look at me; his eyes were glued to the road, and more than once did I see his muscles flex and then relax.

I didn't dare move as his hands drooped down from the steering wheel, his eyes still not wavering in the slightest.

"Tom..." I whispered softly.

He didn't answer; he didn't move. "I'm sorry..." I whispered. I now wish that I had never brought him to her grave.

"Did you even think to ask me?" He hissed through his teeth, still not even glancing at me.

My eyes closed slowly, so that the tears building where forced back, and took a big breath. "I-I didn't think that it would upset you in any way"

He scoffed and shook his head.

I hesitantly took one of his hands in both of mine. He tensed at the sudden physical contact. "Please look at me" I plead.

After a moment, his head slowly turned; his blue eyes intimidated me. "I have never in my life taken someone there, ever. You're so important to me, and I-I wanted you to see where it happened, where she is. I just wanted you to know. I'm sorry" I gently let go of his hand and unbuckled my seat belt. I was about to open the door, when his hand on my arm stopped me.

"Come here" He whispered.

Hesitantly I climbed over the arm rest and into his lap. His arms wrapped around me, and pulled me closer to his chest. I clutched his shirt in my hand and buried my head in the crook of his neck. "I love you so much" I whispered squeezing my eyes tight.

He sighed resting his cheek on my hair. "I just...It felt weird being there. I don't like thinking that you don't have parents, because that makes me think of my parents and how crushed I would be if I had to go through what you have been through. Then that makes me hurt that you had to go through that on top of everything else you have ever told me. Most of the time I just forget about all of that, but when its right in front of me I just-" he sighed again "I'm sorry, I'm probably overreacting" He rubbed my arm softly.

"It meant the world to me" I said after a minute of silence. He kissed my head sweetly. "I know"

I leaned back and looked up at him "Are we okay?" I asked.

His lips pulled up in a small smile and he nodded. I smiled and placed my lips to his softly. He brushed my long hair back as he gently kissed me back. I pulled away and smiled at him wrapping my arms around his neck "You are amazing, and I don't say that enough" I told him. He smiled widely and kissed me again.

It was only now that I noticed that there were people and a dog barking in the backyard. I pulled away from Tom slowly and looked to see Dan walking around in something entirely black.

I opened Tom's door and got out; walking around the car, through the gate and into the backyard, Tom following me.

Dan was gesturing all around the trampoline to Rupert who was shaking his head.

Dan's eyes lit up once he saw me "Your back!"He came running over to us; again he was dressed in an entire black suit.

"What are you wearing?" Tom asked.

Rupert shook his head, looking at Dan pathetically, while Dan opened his arms and twirled around. "I just ordered it! It's made completely of-"

"Velcro?" I asked, unbelievable.