18) A Whole New World

Inspired Song: A whole new world from Disney's Aladdin-----> the song is kinda stupid but this chapter I just couldn't find something better, apparently my song inspiration was failing back when I wrote this.

Chapter Eighteen- A Whole New World

I hummed to myself as I opened the back door. I had just come back from taking Timber for a walk, and he ran through the door and to the living room.

Humming happily I hung up my coat and Timber's leash.I kicked off my shoes when I felt hands wrap themselves around me. I screamed loudly and turned around and began to violently hit someone's chest; Tom. He looked at me frightened, trying to obtain my arms.

Upon realization I backed up so that my back was against the wall and my hand covered my chest trying to regulate my breathing.

Tom blinked dramatically "What is that about?"

Emma walked into the kitchen and quickly evaluated the scene. She looked at me confused. "You haven't told him have you?"

"Tell me what?" Tom asked suspiciously.

I hung my head. Great thanks Emma; I don't think that I'll tell you anything ever again "It's not important, I promise. I just really don't want to talk about it"

I knew that he heard the sincerity in my voice when his eyes softened. He took a hesitant step forward and placed his hands on my shoulders "You can tell me anything Cas. You have been acting weirdly lately when I touch you, or even come too close. I want to know what is wrong, so that I can make it better" The small quiver in his voice, that was barely detectable, shattered my heart. Maybe I couldn't get over this by myself.

I looked at Emma who smiled at me sadly, her hair had grown a little and I felt like it was beginning to suit her fairly well.

My eyes drifted down before back up to his concerned sad eyes. I licked my lips nervously. "Alright" I took a deep breath "Blake, well he didn't exactly just kiss me" Tom's eyes grew hard, shutting any emotion out "He sort of was in the process of almost um raping me when I got loose of him. I wasn't going to tell you because I didn't want for you to get mad about it, and Clay already beat him pretty badly. But that's why I've been acting weird. It's not your fault and you can't fix it" Now it was my turn to smile sadly.

It took him a moment to respond, which was understandable, but when he did I was being crushed to his chest "Cas, baby, you should have told me. I could given you space for a while."

"Sorry" I mumbled into his chest, loving the warmth it provided.

He pulled me closer if that was even possible "I-I can't even think of a good threat"

I pulled back "Don't, please just forget about it. He is gone; trust me when I say that. Never to return, gone. I promise." I rushed. I just wanted this past week to be a memory, no more conversations about it. Just like my friendship with Blake, gone, but that didn't seem to work out for me. When you blow the candle out, the wick will still be burnt.

His lips formed a hard line, but after a moment he nodded. I knew this wouldn't be over for a while. Knowing him he would keep randomly bringing it up. Lovely.

"How awkward do you think that this will be?" I asked trying to hide the nervousness in my voice. I was driving us down to the church for the wedding rehearsal that is being done this late afternoon. I kept my word; I will not be in a car that Tom is driving for a while. He understood; though I hated bringing it up because his face contorted with mixed emotions that were anything but happy.

"Oh come on it won't be that bad" He assured staring out the passenger side window.

I bit my lip "Maybe we should have had some kind of like family dinner." He laughed, and I glared disapprovingly "Really this is not funny! It is the first time that they are meeting! It is pretty crucial. I haven't even met half of your family."