17) Can You Here Me When I Call Your Name

Inspired Song: Call Your Name by: Daughtry

Chapter Seventeen- Can You Hear Me When I Call Your Name

I gasped for breath, breaking the silence that only the wind dared to whistle. My eyes blinked back with great effort, and they stared into familiar ones. I swear I could not mistake his eyes for anything now. The way the blue swirled, how around the rim it is outlined in a deep blue, and how weather he knew or not his eyes most of the time showed his emotions crystal clear.

My head was lying in his lap, his fingers tangled in my hair, and his jacket was wrapped around me. My head continued to spin until it came to settle on the small smile that was gracing me from his lips.

"Dan is coming to pick us up, and I'll talk to James tomorrow about the um... car"

I was breathing in shaky breaths. "Tom...I'm scared"

His eyes fell from mine. "I know, but you don't have to be" he caressed my cheek lightly.

"I don't?" I whispered sitting up, despite my minds protest, and leaning my back against the car next to him. "What is going to happen to us?"

A smirk crept up his lips slowly "Well I'd like to still marry you if you'll have me"

I burst out into giggles, holding my stomach in pain.

He chuckled "What is so hilarious?"

I shook my head "We're not fighting, after everything and we are not fighting now"

He smiled crookedly "Yeah I suppose that is kind of amusing"

"We are okay?" I asked after the laughter had subsided.

He smiled sadly and nodded "I think so, I forgive you for not telling me about him and I see why you didn't"

I smiled "And I forgive you for the auditions and wrecking my car."

He laughed shakily at the car part. "I'm really sorry about that."

"Yeah well I should have thought more about letting you drive. I believe that was a stupid move with your car crashing history"

He tried to hold back a smile as he gently shoved my shoulder "No need to be mean"

"It's the truth! You are a really good driver, until you end up crashing something"

He scoffed "I don't know whether to take your compliment or be insulted"

I patted his arm "Just take the compliment"

We drifted into a silence, with my head resting on his shoulder. Barely any cars drifted by on the road, and I pushed myself closer to him for the warmth. It felt like things were normal again, which I never thought that they would.

"I'm sorry Cas" He whispered.

"Sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for, well except for maybe um denting my car, but if anyone should be sorry it's me, and I am. I am really sorry about everything and it won't happen again at all. Trust me Blake is deleted from my phone, and Clay made sure he stayed away from me."

His face crinkled in confusion "I thought Clay liked Blake?"

My jaw tightened as my eyes closed, I forgot that he didn't know about the almost raping part, which, and I know that I should never keep anything from him again I just learned that, but it seemed better that he didn't know the whole story.

"Well Blake was acting like a jerk" Was my smart reply.

He seemed to believe it enough. I changed the subject quickly "So when did you come back?