Farewell to Tassie

Alright, so this is my farewell to Tom and Cassie, and I really don't care if no one reads this. I will answer some of my most asked questions over the years, share some things, and discuss what is in the future for Tassie as well as myself.  So here we go!

If you want to just get to the part about if there is more Tom and Cassie or not Scroll down to the bolded paragraph.

So I think that it is amazing that fate have it that I finished Because I Know There's No Life After You on Cassie's birthday! (November 17th) I didn't plan that, but it worked out great right? Happy Birthday Cassie!

Anyway let's get onto some questions: (These are in no particular order)

1. Why did you kill off both of Cassie's parents?

Well as I was writing chapter two of The Day We Met Was The Day I Fell For You the conversation between Tom and Cassie headed towards family and their lives. I killed her mother off because I needed Cassie to have a reason as to why she was so terrified of heights and thunderstorms, and it seemed much more affective that when she was in the car crash her mother died.

I never had any intention of killing her father off until I got really close to the end of TDWMWTDIFFY. At that point it was getting ridiculous that the book was at fifty something chapters and I had discovered that I had a plot line for a second book so I wanted to end the first book as quickly as possible. I knew that I wanted Tom to purpose to Cassie in the final chapter, but where Tom and Cassie were at that point it would have been stupid for Tom to purpose since they had just gotten back together. I used the death of Cassie's father to catalyst the engagement, because I wanted Tom to ask permission for her hand in marriage and it made sense to move things faster if her father was dying.

2. Why did I pick the name Cassie? And why did I pick Taylor Swift to portray her?

The name Cassie was actually really random. I was watching the episode of Friends where Monica and Ross's cousin comes in for Monica and Chandler's wedding and their cousin (Denise Richards) was named Cassie. That name just stuck in my head and I absolutely love it, because there were so many things that you could do with it; Cassandra, Cassie, Cas...

I picked Taylor Swift because I knew that I wanted Cassie to have blonde curly hair and I really couldn't think of anyone better than Taylor Swift at the time. Also at the time almost no one was using Taylor Swift to portray their main characters and I thought it would make the story stand out that much more.

3. Why did I pick Tom Felton?

I have been asked this question so many times so I am just going to simplify my answer. There were/ are so many Draco Malfoy fan fictions out there and when I looked into it there were almost zero Tom Felton ones, which I thought was wrong since everyone goes on about, in Draco Malfoy stories, how hot and whatever he is when really that is Tom's contribution to the character. Plus I thought it would be incredibly fun to write about the Harry Potter cast in general, and I was not let down.

4. Why did I use the meeting place to be a theme park?

This answer is simple. Most authors do not have their characters meet at a theme park. And when I go to a theme park I always hope that there will be some hot guys that my friends and I can hang out with, though it has yet to happen yet.

5. Where do I find my music?

I've been asked this a lot over the years and it is a question that I find most flattering. I love when I get comments that say my choice in music is amazing1 :D I find my music by browsing around YouTube really and I come across a lot of lovely music that way.