28) I Don't Want To Fall To Pieces

Inspired Song: Fall To Pieces by: Avril Lavigne 

Chapter Twenty Eight- I Don't Want To Fall To Pieces

 "No, go" I said monotone staring at words on the page of the book that was lying delicately on my growing stomach.

 "Cassie-" Tom begged from the end of the bed.

 "I said go, if you don't want to be here then leave." I spoke refusing to lift my teary eyes from the pointless book.

 "It's just for the weekend..." He whispered pleadingly.

 "Come on Cas" Rupert said from the door way, clearly annoyed.

His annoyance opened the gate to my emotions. I stared up at Tom's half broken face. "Go!" I shouted at them "I don't care!"

 Tom placed a comforting hand on my leg and I flinched away, staring out the window. "Just go..." I whispered, trying to keep the traitorous tears at bay.

"You heard her, let's go" Rupert said. His shoes clanked across the hardwood floor, signaling to my ears that he left to the front room.

 "Cas I-" At the sound of his voice growing closer to my head, I turned my back to him.

 He sighed and left as well.

 The moment I heard the door close, I let the tears stream down my face. I didn't bother wiping them away as I stared out at the last rays of sunlight through the window.

 It's the end of June. In May we had moved into a two bedroom, two bath apartment in New York. It was beautiful and large. Hard wood flooring, granite counter tops, all appliances included, a spacious living room, and grand master bedroom. It was perfect, though I have been the only one to really enjoy it.

 Tom hasn't been around much, and I haven't been complaining. He had been right, I have been able to see him more than if we still lived in London. It scares me to think about if I had stayed in London; I barely get to see him now, what would it have been like if I was still across the pond?

 He had just come home earlier today, as was planned, though he brought news that I wish he hadn't; Rupert and he were flying over to Los Angeles for a mates weekend or whatever.

 Perhaps I am overreacting. I can't really tell anymore from pregnancy hormones. All I know is that my husband comes back for a few hours before he leaves for the weekend. Though why would he want to stay around here with me? I'm fat, and don't feel like doing anything except walking the dog.

 It's all wrong. Up feels like down, everything is disoriented, and my damn ankles are swollen. I thought that you were suppose to enjoy pregnancy? When in my reality I find it rather creepy that a human being is growing in my stomach and feeding off of my nutrition. Its bloody weird is what it is.

 The tears had dried up almost as soon as they came, for I received a wonderful text from Dan explaining that he was going to come over tonight and asked if I wanted anything. At least someone cared.

 Near eight at night Dan arrived with dinner. I smiled happily at how he had quite literally made my day flip upside down. The evening was filled with laughter as he raved about working on Broadway and how he thinks that he will start auditioning for other parts soon. We discussed his romantic agenda and he finally admitted to me that he would in fact enjoy having a girl friend around, but that right now just wasn't good. That is wasn't perfect timing.

In some ways I enjoy Dan's company much more than Emma's. When he is sweet like this, when his hyper mode has dissolved into someone that you can talk to for hours without getting aggravated by his over- the- moon joy. I can vent to Dan about Tom, and get some perspective on the situation; which is nice, to try and see the other side of an argument.