40) With A Broken Heart That's Still Beating

Inspired Song: Broken By: Lifehouse 

Chapter Forty- With A Broken Heart That's Still Beating

"We are going to have fun today." Will smiled as we walked out the back door of his house.

I laughed as he was obviously excited; he seemed to have an extra jump in his step today.

It was the end of January and the wind felt like a slap in the face as we began to walk in the newly fallen snow. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeve black shirt, which I curled around the end of my finger tips as I walked behind Will.

We had been hanging out almost every spare moment that I didn't have to watch Lily. Which was a lot, since Carson ended up flying back from New York for the rest of the winter and was thrilled to play with her. Since they both acted like children, it was a blessing in disguise that Clay and I could throw them in a room together and only have to check up on them every few hours.

We had only had one other meeting since the first one, nothing major happened but it had been enough to cause me to be pissed off the rest of the day. We were splitting up our money yesterday. Meg was the first to cause me to get angry, she was constantly treating me like I was some skank that Tom had gotten pregnant and that wanted all his money; and we use to be friends. Her face turned to shock though when I said that I didn't want any of his money, but then Tom and Blake seemed to just thrust money into my face. I didn't want anything to do with Tom, but that is going to be harder than I first thought since for the rest of my life, unless I get re married - which is a long shot at this point, Tom is going to pay me alimony.

That is the main reason I'm angry. It was as if Tom thought that I couldn't take care of myself, so he was going to take care of me for the rest of my life. I swore then and there that I was going to burn it all every single month that it came in the mail.

I shook my head at the memory of yesterday as Will and I came up to wooden boxes in the middle of his back yard. They had old chipped wine glasses resting on top of them along with two, from what I could tell, guns.

"Why are there guns?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He smiled at me, showing his shiny white teeth, as he picked one up. "They are just bee bee guns." He pointed it to the snow between us and pulled the trigger. I jumped at the loud bang that erupted and stared at the snow that now had a small dent in it and had a little yellow plastic sphere in the middle. "See, it's plastic." Will said handing me the bee bee gun.

I held it lightly in my hands and noticed that it was in fact plastic. "Go on give it a go." Will encouraged.

I sighed and hesitantly pointed it towards a tree that was meters away. Without really aiming I pulled the small trigger. Another bang echoed off the clearing and caused four birds to fly away from the sound. I giggled lightly, "Whoops." I looked back at Will to see that he was laughing, "Now why are we here...with bee bee guns?" I asked curiously, eyeing the glasses.

"Well," Will began, picking up another bee bee gun and curling his hand around my elbow guiding me back the way we had come, "We are going to break some glass today." He grinned down at me.

I blinked up at him, slightly stunned. "That doesn't sound safe."

He shrugged, still smiling as the wind tousled his blonde locks, "As long as you stand far enough away, you can't get hurt. It's a great way to get out your anger. I used to do it for therapy. Now I just do it for fun." He pulled me to a stop and we turned to face the glass that was hard to see from this distance since it was transparent. 

Will pulled the bee bee gun up and aimed at the glass, before pulling the trigger. A short moment later, the glass shattered with a light crack and sprayed shards of glass up in the air. I jumped back and smiled in awe as the shards rained down, "That is so cool!" I said while I jumped up and down.