16) Maybe It's Just Me

Inspired song: Maybe by: Secondhand Serenade 

Chapter Sixteen- Maybe It's Just Me

And I was crying alone tonight

And I've been wasting all of my life just thinking of you

So just come back we'll make it better

So just come back I'll make it better than it ever was

I'll make it better than it ever was

Maybe it's just me

Or couldn't you believe

That everything I said and did wasn't just deceiving

And the tear in your eye

And your calm hard face

Makes me wish that I was never brought into this place

Maybe it's just me...

My eyes blinked open annoyed at my cell phone ringing in my sweater that was resting on a wooden chair. Where am I?

I sat up taking my hair down and running my hands through it, while looking around to noticing that I was in Clayton and Carson's messy room.

But back to my obnoxious phone. I got up shaking my head and stretching my toes before walking over to my sweater. I pulled out my phone to notice that I had just missed five calls from Dan, and thirteen texts. The latest stating 'where the hell are you?!'

Ignoring the rest I quickly replied with a 'Be home later'. He shouldn't need any more explanation than that.

My head jerked towards the hall way when I heard a clatter of pans sounding from the kitchen.

...Clay didn't know how to cook...

I blinked in confusion and walked over to the closed battered blinds that were resting over the one small window in my brothers' room. I peeked through the blinds to see an unfamiliar car parked out front.

What is going on?

After tripping lightly over some of Clay's clothes that were spiraled out across the floor, I silently walked through the hall way making way for the kitchen.

As the hallway dipped and opened to the kitchen and living room, I became more cautious that someone other than Clay was in this house with me. Leaning over around the wall I noticed a female standing in the kitchen who seemed to be cooking.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice surprisingly non hoarse, since I had just woken up.

The women's brown locks floated behind her as she turned around quickly. "Cassandra?" She asked.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes "Alright who are you and how do you know my name?"

She laughed lightly, smiling widely as she walked closer. She was at least three inches taller than me and obviously older, which didn't explain anything.

She held out her hand after wiping it on her jeans "I'm Karen, and I am guessing that Clayton hasn't told you about me?"

Hesitantly I shook her hand "Um no he hasn't, mind filling in the blanks?"

She continued to smile warmly. "Well my name is Karen Ross, I am twenty seven years old, and I am dating your brother"

I blinked back my puffy eyes in shock "Your- Your dating Clay?"

Her grin widened "Yeah I am"

I smiled "Well that's lovely! I'm his sister, but I am guessing that you probably already know that"