35) When I Said I Do

Inspired song: When I said I do By: Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black 

Chapter Thirty Five- When I Said I Do

After a late night before, I woke up to an empty bed. I sat up disoriented and realized that Tom hadn't come to bed at all. I sloppily put up my hair and got out of the bed. I had gone to bed extremely early last night after the events of the day before. Earlier than Lily. Tom was suppose to take care of all of that, but would he leave and go somewhere without even telling me?

I walked through the hallway to go and check on Lily. But when I got to her room I saw that the door was open, and her bed was still made from the day before.

Slightly panicking and slightly annoyed, I pattered down the steps. I heard the soft buzzing from the television and I headed towards the living room. As I rounded the corner I let out a relieved sigh. Lily was asleep on Tom's chest on the couch. Tom looked up at me.

"Morning" He mouthed.

"Why is she down here?" I whispered.

"We fell asleep last night watching a movie." He softly whispered back.

I nodded and looked at the clock that hung above the television. "You can wake her up" I told him.

He nodded, "I know", but didn't make any effort to wake her up from her peaceful sleep.

I heard Tom's phone go off in the kitchen. I looked down at him, realizing that he couldn't exactly get up, and went to go and retrieve the phone.

I picked it up from the counter and brought it back into the living room, hoping that the noise wouldn't wake Lily. I looked down at the caller i.d. before handing it to him. It read Meg. Great probably has more work for him to do.

I placed the phone in his hand, as I reached for Lily and pulled her limp figure into my arms, as Tom sat up and answered the phone with a simple, "Hello?"

He began to walk into the kitchen and I walked Lily up to her bed and wrapped her warmly in her sheets, before kissing her undisturbed forehead and leaving her room. As I walked down the stairs I saw Tom pulling on his leather coat and saying a quick goodbye to Meg. He looked up at me as he grabbed his keys.

"I have a meeting. I'll be back later today." He answered my un spoken question.

I nodded, "Okay. Have fun?" I said in a questioning tone, trying to figure out if that was the right thing to say when someone is going off to a meeting.

Tom chuckled and nodded his head, opening the front door. "Yeah, thanks." He closed the door behind him and I blew my curly bangs out of my face, before walking down the stairs for some breakfast.

I spent the day in Tom's office, on his computer. Before you come to the conclusion that I am snooping through his personal stuff, I'm not. I have my own account on the desk top, since I didn't really like to use the laptop that much anymore.

Anyway, I spent the day looking at videos of Tom and Emma on YouTube. Whether they were Dramione or just Tom and Emma it didn't matter. Every now and then, after I had found out about Emma's crush on Tom, I had always wondered about it.

I wondered if I hadn't come along, would something have happened between them? Was that even possible? Or was it something that was just a thought and that Emma would have never acted on? She swears that her feeling had been long gone by the time I appeared. But I had always wondered if she was telling me the truth, and I had always wondered what would have happened if they had gotten together and I was not in the picture.

I could picture them together working out. I doubted that they would be married, yet at least. I could picture them living in a nice flat in New York, and they were happy. Maybe things would work out better that way. Maybe things do work out better that way for actors. If you go out with someone who is also part of the acting business, they get it. They understand why you have to be gone most of the time, because they have to be gone most of the time as well, so there were no hard feelings. For as much as I could try, I would never understand it as much as another actor/actress would.