Turn of Events - Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

LEONAs POV

"Guys, don't go, he'll be here. Just wait." I plead as the entire basketball team retire and go to the changing rooms.

Fuck. I say to myself as I blow out the already melted candles.

Where could he be? He's starting to piss me off now.

Suddenly the big bulky doors open to reveal a shaby looking Darren. Walking towards him angrily I crossed my arms as he tried to fix his hair.

"Where have you been? I said 10 minutes dammit." I pout.

"Sorry, something came up. I needed to do something." He replies, not looking me in the eye. Whatever he's hiding he better speak up now, but knowing Darren he probably won't.

"Look. Whatever you were doing should have been worth it. If not then you missed one hell of a birthday present." I call as I walk out if the gymnasium grabbing my bag on the way.

"Doubt it." I hear him chuckle to himself but I walk on anyways.

What was that all about? I ask myself. He totally blew me off. I wonder what he was doing that was as important than me. I don't understand him sometimes. 

As lunch came around I found myself at the lunch area. Grabbing an apple from my bag I searched around to try and find Darren. But yet again no sign of him. Scanning around the room i spot a face I knew all too well and walked towards her with a forgiving smile plastered on my face.

"Hey. Need some company?" I ask softly as I hand her the apple. Looking up from her novel she gave me a confused  look then she finally said "Yeah sure.If you'd like." while she accepted the apple.

The silence was awkward as heck, but I just didn't how to start apologizing for my actions. I couldn't bring myself to say it out loud but I knew it had to come out sooner or later. 

"So, what book are you reading?" I ask nervously as I stared at her golden hair shielding her face. Without looking up she instantly replied. "What are you doing here Leona? what do you want?" 

Shocked by her quick response my mouth opened itself and I said something I didn't want to say.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out. "I'm sorry for all the horrible things I've done to you. I'm sorry I made fun of you when we were younger and i'm sorry I was never there for you when things were rough." 

Skye's blonde head suddenly shifted its position and she was now staring straight at me. Her eyes started to water and a tear fell down her powdered cheek. The last time I saw Skye cry was when she told me about the incident years ago. Gosh, now that I think of it it honestly was stupid of me to call her names.

"That's all I ever wanted to hear from you Leona. I didn't need all the name calling or the pranks or any of that stuff. I just wanted you to say sorry." She managed to say in a thin voice while she covered her face with her hair again while wiping away her tears with the sleeve of her baby pink cashmere sweater.

Standing up I walked around to give her a hug. I could see the stares around the room. At some point someone even asked "Since when were you two close?" all I did was silently shove them away while I continued to embrace Skye.

Once lunch was over I was feeling a lot more better and had forgotten about Darren. Speaking of Darren, where the fuck was he the whole day? It's his fucking birthday and he's M.I.A. 

After my last period, Skye and I decided we would go for ice cream just like the way we used to do back when we were 14. We pulled up to the ice cream parlour and grabbed a seat by the counter as we ordered our all time favourite triple scoop mocha ice cream.

"Gosh I missed this place." Sang a happy Skye as she placed a spoonful in her mouth and stared at the multicoloured ceiling. Giving her a childish smile I replied. "I know, when I come here with Darren it never feels as good as coming with you." 

Turning my head to the side I noticed when Skye flinched at the sound of Darrens name. "So do you talk to Darren?" I ask suspiciously, wondering why she tensed up all of a sudden.

"Uh. Occasionally. Not so much actually, but when i do pass by him we say hi and all that." She replies while still stuffing her mouth with another spoonful. Strange that she would flinch upon hearing his name. Oh well at least now I know there isn't anything going on between them. Thank God. I love Skye and everything but sometimes I think she's not a good influence on ANYONE. "Oh cool then." I conclude.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Right so there goes another chapter. I'll update this weekend as well. 

Thank you for the reads :) Would love more votes tho. But the fact you're reading is sweet. 

Thank you guys. Stay perfect xx

Vote.Comment.Follow. Share