Turn of Events - Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

ARIANNA’s POV:

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My eyes adjusted to the light peeping in through the window as my head continued to throb. Slightly tilting my head to the right I find a sleeping Skye slumped over the duvet, snoring away.

Slowly elevating myself I looked around her room. Summer had officially begun.

The horrible stench of last night’s drinks were lingering in my mouth and I was still in the dress I wore. Creeping into the bathroom I went to take a shower.

After the shower, Skye was already awake and she made us some waffles for breakfast.

We spent the rest of the day at her house as we relaxed by her pool while watching movies. The weekend was finally over and I had to get back home, but I wanted to stay a few more nights before I could go back home and get my room organized then try and attend summer school. BORE

“Strange, my mum hasn’t called to check when I’m coming home” I say as we lounge by the pool.

Lifting up her sunglasses she slowly replies. “It’s summer. Relax. She trusts you and she knows you’re with me. If there was a problem she would call.” She happily sighed as she slipped back into her former position, her black ruffled bikini absorbing the light.

“ And besides, hasn’t she been getting some from the neighbor? He’s always coming to your house isn’t he? “She smirked.

“Yuck. Shut the fuck up. That dude is so old. I can’t even imagine my mum fucking that guy!” I threw an ice cube at her.

Flinching she threw her whole drink at me and snorted away. Quickly getting up I chased her around her pool until she finally decided to fall in. I stood there with my mouth open as I waited for her to re-emerge to the surface, but she didn’t. Instead her figure just stayed in one spot as the waves rippled to distort her.

Instantly panicking I grab a floater and tried to fit into it, but I was too big.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I CAN’T SWIM, BUT I CAN’T LET THIS HAPPEN TO SKYE. SHE’S MY ONLY FRIEND.

Grabbing a long broom from the shed I shoved it around in the water until it gripped her, and then I pulled her out. Slapping her cheeks she coughed a bit, then burst out in laughter.

“Are you serious Skye?” I bellowed.

Rising she replied. “haha you know I can swim, therefore I can hold my breath for a long time. Were you worried?” She  smirked.

“Fuck you. Do you know how scary that was? Anyway, I need to go home. I’ll IM you when I get there.”

And with that I got up, grabbed my stuff and walked home.

The walk from Skye’s house to my house wasn’t that far. Just 20 minutes away. But for some reason today it seemed much longer, as if God was trying to postpone something dreadful. Even the clouds had ganged up together and created a thick heavy body and was threatening to burst any second.

Reaching my door, I twisted my key in the lock and pushed open the door.

And then… I saw it.