Turn of Events - Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

SKYE’s POV

As we walked down the mall I couldn’t help but notice that for once I wasn’t the centre of attention, but Arianna was.

This was awfully strange because I’m always the centre of attention and now she’s hotter than me? How is that even possible? Just 2 months ago she was a fatty that no one talked to and now look at her, large boobs, hourglass figure and great ass.

 The only thing that hasn’t changed is her hair. Well it’s always been red but now that she knows what to do with it, she totally looks hotter than me!

I mean what the fuck is happening with the world. It’s not supposed to be like this. I’m supposed to be the pretty one of this relationship. Fucking hell. Well I guess I’ll just have to hide how much I hate her right now.

“Hungry?” She inquired, flipping her long crimson hair.

Spitefully giving her a bitch look behind her I answered. “Sure thing babe. Burgers?”

Flashing a gorgeous smile she grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her till we got to the burger place.

ARIANNA’s POV

Grabbing a spot by the window we sat down and waited for someone to come take our orders. The burger shop was filled with people conversing and laughing while they ate their food. There was something about the way they laughed and smiled that seemed so care free and light hearted. I remember a time when I used to laugh and smile like that, but things have changed. A lot.

A beep muffled from Skye’s bag and she stuck her hand in to fish out her phone. With a smile painted on her face she announced as our plates were being placed in front of us.

“Michael’s coming.” She beamed.

“And what’s so special about that?” I replied as I took a grotesque bite out of my juicy fat filled cheese burger.

“He’s bringing some kush, and he says there’s this hot party tonight. So thank God we went shopping. We’re going to kill this party. Last party before school starts.” She danced.

Simply nodding while consuming my cheese burger I replied with a thumbs up. Damn this burger was good.

Finishing every single last bit of it, we paid the bill and walked out and headed for the car park, where we found Michael and Tyler leaning by their car which was parked right next to Skye’s.

My heart was thumping. Why was it thumping? Was it because I still couldn’t face Tyler after what he did to me? Is it because I agreed for Skye to drag me out of the house literally half naked? Was it because I was afraid he wouldn’t notice me? I don’t know what I feel right now.

“Nice.” Tyler smirked. “You got a skinnier version of Arianna that I could hang with.”

“Tyler, why do you have to be a jerk all the time?” Skye alleged.

“Hey they actually look the same. Same freckles…same b-birth mark…Arianna? Is that you?” He asked stunned.

Playfully I tossed my hair and responded. “Who else could it be you shit piss?”

With that said Michael, who’s arms were already wrapped around Skye’s waist, turned around and said

“No way. How did this happen?” He asked shockingly.

Giving Skye a look she nodded towards me to let me know that it was ok to tell the guys what happened. With a great breath I sighed and spoke slowly.

“Well my mum died. And I’m guessing because of depression, it caused me to lose so much weight.”  Looking up I could see the devastation on their faces and Michael motioned me to come in for a group hug, in which Tyler also joined. We stood there in a huddle for 2 minutes until I declared “Let’s get fucked up!”

They all laughed at my sudden burst of optimism as we left to go find a place to smoke.

Reaching an unauthorized part of a small forest, we stood in a circle as Michael lit up the joint. We each took turns passing it around until we finished 4 joints all together.

Walking back to the car I was held back by a hand…Tyler’s hand.  His warm brown eyes poured into me while he loudly whispered “Can we talk?”

While Mike and Skye walked back to the car Tyler and I stayed back and I leaned on a tree trunk while he stood in front of me. There was something he wanted to say of course but he didn’t quite know how he was going to phrase it. A few seconds passed then he decided to finally speak.

“Look Arianna, I’m really sorry about your mum and I’m sorry about what happened at the party. I didn’t mean to hurt you the way I did and I was hoping you could forgive me, and maybe we could start over?” He flashed an innocent smile at me while I perched myself off the tree.

“What makes you think I would forgive you for such a thing Tyler? I saw you with her, I heard what you said, and you lied to me. You left me there waiting for you and you didn’t even have the decency to tell me that you didn’t want to actually go with me. You didn’t have to ask me out if you knew you were gonna ditch me. That was embarrassing and it really hurt. If I do forgive you it will take a long time, trust me.”

With that I turned to walk away, but a swift motion moved me and slammed me against a tree. The taste of drugs and mint took over my mouth as Tyler’s lips crashed into mine while his hands went straight for my ass.

“Is this how you apologize?” I asked as he kissed my neck. “ Cuz it’s not working. Get off me.” I shoved him off me and walked away, back into the car.

Oh my gosh! That was my first kiss. Tyler Bradshaw just kissed me. What is happening?