Turn of Events - Chapter 10

Hey lovies, 

So i'm on half term this whole week so expect loads of chapters out (Hopefully) 

I wanna dedicate this chapter to my AMAZING friend Doreen Kavuma who helped me a bunch on this chapter.

Enjoooy x 

 - - - - - - - - - 

CHAPTER 10

It was two weeks since my mother's death. I could barely eat, sleep, or do whatever. My whole world was changing around me. I could feel myself slimming each and every day. Skye knew ofcourse. She came to comfort me when i told her, but that just made everything worse.

Living in this... this blood stained house was too sad for me. Everywhere i went it smelt of my mother. I still wonder each and every night how someone could do this. My depressing thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I answered. "Ari, come out of that fucking house now! You can't keep living there! You can't keep lying to everyone that your mum went on a business trip. Summer is ending soon. Get the hell out of that house NOW!" She boomed.

Skye was always one to lecture me. I sighed greatly and grabbed my bag, locked the front door, and walked to her house.

 Walking back to Skye’s house was just too overwhelming. It reminded me of how happy I was before my mother died. No, Arianna, I scolded myself. You can’t keep thinking about this. You have to move on.

As soon as I reached her enormous house, I rang the very loud, irritating, typical door bell. Skye opened the door hurriedly and motioned for me to come inside.

“Oh, honey! I've been so worried! How- WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WEARING?!” She screamed, louder than I would have preferred. I looked down at my outfit and understood why she was so mad driven.

Because of the major weight loss, my clothes didn't fit me well anymore. I was wearing an over sized OneRepublic shirt with sweat pants. My long wavy red hair was tied in an unsatisfied ponytail. Skye looked at me disapprovingly.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk, Arianna Smith. How could you possibly leave the house like this, huh? We’re going shopping now!” she lugged me up her long ass flights of stairs and pushed me into her luxurious, blue painted room.

She sat me down on her large bed and rummaged through her disorganized closet. She could sense my worry, because when she was done looking for whatever she was looking for, a large smirk was plastered all over her face.

She tossed the outfit to me and my jaw dropped. I gaped in awe at the seemingly perfect outfit. A cute violet crop top and a pair of sky blue high waist shorts were thrown my way.

“Well,” she said in a fake British accent, “hop to it, love!” I walked into her bathroom and began to change. I was afraid the shorts wouldn't fit me, seeing as how Skye was incredibly skinny.

To my surprise, I was deadly wrong. I had lost enough- too much, to be exact- weight for me to fit into her clothes. I put on the crop top and frowned. My chest had strangely grown, while my body, besides my butt, had shrunk.

“Uh, Skye, do you have a… uh… bra I could borrow?” I asked sheepishly. She snorted with laughter at my question. How very attractive, Skye. “Here,” she said while handing me a large black laced bra. I looked at it disbelievingly and raised my eyebrows at her.

“Oh, don’t look at me like that! With that amazing rack of yours, I’m sure it’ll fit!” I sighed and shook my head. She was always a charmer, that one.

And, of course, she was right. It did fit. She gave me her black flats and raced to the front door. “Hurry up, slow poke! We better get shopping!”

The mall was packed with its usual crowd. The drug addicts, the bitchy blonde girls (no offence to my love, Skye) and the other junkies I couldn't care less about. We walked into an unfamiliar store and I sucked in my breath.

It was filled with racks upon racks of amazing clothes. Not too shabby, Skye, I thought. She led me to a rack full of both dark and brightly colored clothes. Most of them weren't too revealing, just my style.

 I grabbed a huge lump of clothes, shoes, bags and more, and went to the register to pay. Luckily, being the rich bitch she is, Skye gave the cute brunette boy at the counter her credit card as she winked at him.

I stared at her dubiously and rolled my eyes. Didn't she have a boyfriend? I ran a hand through my fiery hair that Skye helped me straighten, and thanked the cute boy. With that, he blushed at me. I mean, he actually blushed at me.

As we were walking out of the store, my attention was clearly elsewhere, as coincidentally, I bumped into someone. “Ouch,” I said, while rubbing my forehead. “Sorry,” I muttered.

 The person I had knocked over brushed his jeans and turned to look at me. His amazingly sea-green eyes penetrated into the very depth of my soul, as if reading my each and every thought.

“Its okay, no worries there,” he said with a British accent. His husky, deep, seductive voice had sent butterflies on a rampage in my stomach. He ran a hand through his jet black hair and walked away. I picked up my bags and walked out of the store quickly with Skye. Who was that guy?