Turn of Events - Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

LEONA’s POV:

Where the fuck is Darren? I need some arm candy. I can’t be wandering this party alone. Then I’ll look desperate like the other girls, which I’m not of course… am i?

Sliding through dancing teenagers I find my way to the garden, where again, there was no sight of Darren. Where could he be…

Hmm, let’s see if Michael knows.

“Hey there stranger.” I approach a semi occupied table. “Where’s your girlfriend?”

Staring up at me his blue eyes said it all… “ Oh hey Leona. I don’t know. She said she had to check on Arianna. There’s something up in the bathroom or whatever. Why do you care?” He asked curiously.

“Oh you know, just wondering. You never leave her side, so this is a sight to see isn’t it?” I smirked as I grabbed a chair next to him.

Slowly lowering my hand I placed it on his lap, then moved up gradually, while trying to make conversation. No expression on his face, just utter boredom and stress.

“So you feeling lucky tonight?” I winked.

“Quit it Leona. Skye will be back soon. I don’t want her to see this.” He muttered.

“Oh c’mon, you weren’t complaining when we did this last week. What’s the matter? “ I joked.

“ Leona.” He strained. “ We’re not going to do this anymore. Last time I said it was over and I meant it was over.” He whispered loudly.

Obviously under pressure, he glanced at me, guilt pouring all over him. He was hurting. I could tell. And it was all because of me. I did this to him. I made him miserable, and there was nothing I could do to change it.

Still staring at him, he murmurs. “ She doesn’t know. I haven’t told her. If I do tell her it’ll wreck her. I can’t believe that this is happening. When she finds out she’ll be heartbroken.”

“About us or about the other thing?” I ponder.

“About everything of course. I feel horrible. I wish she knew, but I wish she didn’t.”  At this point his head sank and his curly hair flew onto his face as he tried to conceal watery eyes. I saw this as my queue to leave. Slowly standing up, I pat him on his shoulder then fled.

TYLER’s POV:

What the fuck did I just see? Did Skye and Darren just hook up?  Well of course they did, I saw them. But did she really cheat on Mike with this guy? And oh gosh, what will Leona say? Wait, that’s only if she finds out what happens. This is too much for one night. The girl I want has a boyfriend but is having sex with some other guy who also has a girlfriend and I’m still single? Not possible.

Speedily rushing through the house I reach the dining table, where varieties of alcohol and soft drinks were scattered around the table, with red solo cups accompanying them. I took a huge bottle of Captain Morgan and took a long swig out of it, then barbarically wiped my mouth with the back of my hand.

Was I jealous? I couldn’t be. I’ve seen her and Michael together for a while, I never get the urge to drown my sorrows. Why now? And how?  There was nothing going on between those two, so I don’t even understand why she would go for such a jerk like that instead of me. I care for her, he is probably just using her for sex. Just like Michael is. Fucking idiots.

Casually bobbing to the beat of the music, I made my way from the kitchen to the living room while taking mouthfuls out of the half full glass bottle. Watching as people coupled up and danced passionately together, I joined in and danced my sorrows away. Girls approached from every angle and a few guys came up behind them, we jammed out for half an hour, we were having a ball. It seemed like everything was fine until I saw her walk down the stairs, casually zipping her dress back up. At that moment the memory instantly flashed back vigorously, hitting me harder than before.

I Tyler Bradshaw was heartbroken.

A few minutes passed then a very giddy Darren was merrily hopping down the stairs with an extra spring to his hop.

That stupid son of a bitch.

Without knowledge, I found myself stumbling towards him, bottle in hand. I was ready to pounce on him, but I knew it wasn’t the right thing to do. Next thing I know, My knuckles collided into his cheek. He was taken aback of course, then took one second to react before coming back at me. His fist formed tightly then smashed into my stomach, causing me to stagger a bit.

An instant cluster of people suddenly surrounded us, screaming names of who was going to win and other jibber jabber.  A chant quickly formed, and then a mix of girls squealing broke out. A figure was pushing through the crowd to get to the middle. It was Michael.

“Yo, what the fuck is going on here?” He yelled.

“Looks like your boy here wanted a fight. Isn’t that right Tyler?” He yelled back.

“ I fucking saw you you know. You can’t even lie to me. And you know what I saw. So don’t try and act all innocent. How could you?” I asked.

Wiping his mouth he replied. “ What’s it to you? Huh? Just leave it alone. It’s none of your business. Go home. Get the fuck out of my house Tyler. I don’t want to see your pathetic face ever. Get the fuck out.” Darren bellowed.

The room was silent. Embarrassment took over me as I slowly backed away from the centre and stormed out of the house. The living room was now filled with whispers and the sound of texting was in the air. The host was angry, which meant the party was over.

By the time I got home, my iPhone was filled with hate texts

HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO DARREN ARE YOU CRAZY?

WHY DID YOU SHUT DOWN THE PARTY FAGGOT?

WE WERE HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME. WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU.

And they went on and on and on. Spare me.

- --------------------------------------

Yeah so that’s the end of the party!

What do you think Michael and Leona were talking about?

And do you think they’ll ever find out Darren and Skye’s secret?

Do you think Tyler will tell?