Turn of Events - Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Everything was all going according to plan. My outfit was ready, my hair was done, now all that was left to do was to wait for Skye to show up then we go over to her house.

I never thought that this day would actually come. The day Tyler asked me out on a date. Well he said it wasn’t a date but I really don’t care, just happy that my dream actually became a reality.

I sat down and watched some TV, then after a half hour or so, Skye came rushing into my living room.

“C’mon babe, we’re going to be late. You know how I like to take my time getting ready.”

“Ok then. Let me get my stuff then I’ll tell my mum I’m sleeping over.” I was already rushing up stairs when I was saying this. I quickly dashed into my room only to find that SCRUFFY(my dog) Had peed all over my costume.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah” I let out a shriek. “This cannot be happening… no..no..noooo.”

A muffled grown from downstairs was followed by stomping stilettos on the wooden stairs.

“What the hell are you screaming fo-“ The look on her face said it all. It was way worse than I thought.

“Dude. What the hell are you gonna do? I would lend you my clothes but they don’t fit. Do you have anything else?”

I sighed.

“The only thing I have is that stupid gypsy dress! I fucking hate it. I wish I burnt it long time ago. I wear that shit every year. I thought that this year would be different. “ I sank to the floor. “It’s all ruined Skye. My date is ruined. It was supposed to be perfect.”

She sank down to the floor along with me, pulling a face along with me.

“Hey…Don’t cry. You can still wear the gypsy dress. There’ll be plenty other parties this summer I promise you. C’mon. Get up. Get your dress and we’ll go. It’ll still be as fun.” She stood up, straightened her skirt out then lifted me up.

* * *

An hour later we were in Skye’s car heading for the party. She had on a sexy nurse costume and slicked on some red lipstick when we arrived at the gate.

“You ready for Tyler?” She beamed.

“Yeah. I hope this goes well. Really bummed that I couldn’t wear my other outfit though. It would have been great for the last party before summer starts.” I sigh.

She gave me a sympathetic smile then headed through the driveway.

Once we entered the house there was music blasting from every corner in the room. 2 Djs were stuffed in one corner of the room while the house was filled with crazy teens everywhere. Confetti and strings dressed the chandeliers and a kaleidoscope of laser beam  lights illuminated the faces of young high spirited faces.

We walked across the room to find Michael and Tyler standing by the snacks table having a good laugh.

Well, there he is. I guess it’s time….

As we approached, I could feel my tummy in knots, and as usual, Tyler was dressed as a lifeguard. (The reason being he wants to show off his body.) While Michael on the other hand was dressed as man who got hit by a car. His outfit included ripped clothes, scars and blood everywhere, obviously corresponding with Skye’s outfit.

After a few minutes the air was thick with conversation… and an hour later, people had found their way from the grand dance floor to the garden outside where some games were going on. The only people left in the house obviously wanted to hook up and so they stayed behind, lingering.