Turn of Events - Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

A cold shiver ran up my spine when I entered the room and saw that the body was on the living room carpet. Nothing was out of place, but there was a bullet lying on the floor next the figure. The smell was disgusting as the stench of copper and rotten fish settled into my lungs.

Silence. There was nothing but silence as my mum lay there drenched in blood.

If only I had come home sooner. This would have never happened.

In my whole 16 years of living, I hadn’t spent even one second preparing myself for this kind of experience.

But now here I am. An only child, my father abandoned us when I was 7 and now I’m motherless too! How will I get through this?

Sinking down to her side I did something I never thought I would ever do, I held her hand, said a little prayer, and carried her upstairs to her room. I changed her clothes, bandaged her up and covered her with her duvet. No one was to know she was dead, because everyone would want to get involved, send me flowers and gifts, and attend her funeral, which was not going to happen.

At 2 am I finally decided to go bury her. I hoped into her car and placed her in the backseat, then drove off into the woods where no one would find her.

Getting out of the car the damp smell of weathered leaves awakened my lungs. As the minute insects hovered around I grabbed a shovel and started digging. It was well around 2:45 when I was done, then I threw her body inside and covered her up.

Rushing back home I dove into bed and covered my head to cry myself to sleep. I don’t know why it didn’t seem to bother me when I was burying her, but I was crushed inside.

That’s when it all changed…

- - - - - - 

Ok so i really don't know what that chapter was about, but i'm trying to divert the story a bit and so i thought that would kind of set it off. I think O.o 

Anyways..Tell me what you think is gonna happen to Arianna now that her mum is gone...