Turn of Events - Chapter 23

Hey guys, so so so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've just been busy with school and all that. But i'll try my best to update more regularly.

Enjoy the chapter :)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

CHAPTER 23

The light beams from the semi open curtains flew in through the window hitting me right on my face causing me to feel warm.

Turning around I see no sight of Ryder and wonder if maybe everything last night really didn't happen.

Reaching out for my phone I checked the time and realized I'd be late for school so I rushed into the guest bathroom and had a quick shower.

Wearing my light blue faded skinny jeans and a white slouchy cropped tank top I packed my bag and dashed downstairs.

The smell of bacon and eggs danced around the air as I suddenly reached the living room. A confused Ryder stood with his head in a cookbook before noticing my arrival.

"Oh. Uh. Surprise." He sang in a giddy tone. Dropping the cookbook he wiped his hands on his apron as he walked towards me with a plate of what looked like pancakes.

"Waffles for the lady." He spoke with a formal tone. Smiling at him I took the plate and placed it on the counter table as he wrapped his arms around my waist from the back.

"Last night was amazing" He whispered to me as he kissed my cheek through my cherry hair. Turning me around he pushed some hair off my face and sat me down on the high stool.

"Enjoy your breakfast" He said as he walked back to the stove to bring some bacon from the pan on to my plate.

"You really didn't need to do this Ryder." I finally spoke. Causing him to plaster a smirk on his handsome face.

"No need beautiful, I'd have made it for myself anyways." He winks and grabs a stool next to mine. He grabs my fork and knife and cuts into my waffle to feed me a small piece with cut up strawberries. I open my mouth willingly as he slips the fork in and out of my mouth. Sensually sucking the fork as it slid back out of my mouth he gave me an astonished look as a small moan of approval slipped out his mouth.

A knock on the door startled us as we continued eating. Jumping out of his stool he shouted "Im coming." as he walked towards the door with his chiseled back towards me.

"Oh. Hi. Uhm." He said as he opened the door. I wonder who that could be at this time of day. Grabbing a strip of bacon I swung around in my chair as Ryder talked to the mysterious person outside.

Next thing I knew a petite blonde walked into the house practically shoving Ryder out of the way. She went on and on about a fight that happened last night and was practically throwing herself on Ryder. When she finally turned around she spotted me and gave me an unforgiving look.

"Arianna what the fuck?" She screeched as she stomped towards me.

Casually answering back I took a sip of my orange juice before walking towards her as well.

"Well hi there Skye. Fancy meeting you here huh?" I said with a smirk on my face.

Angrily huffing and puffing she spoke again, but this time in a lowered tone.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"What does it look like i'm doing here Skye? There was no way I was staying in that house with you, so I came here." I replied in a snarky tone.

"Why do you always have to ruin everything? Why can't I just have something without you being in the way?" She asks in a softer tone.

"I don't get you. You have a boyfriend, you have other boys chasing you, you have money, you have family. What more could you ask for? I have none of those. The least you could do is give me a chance to find someone. Why does it have to Ryder huh?" I answer her back in an assertive tone.

"You know what, fuck you. You're just a hypocrite. Stay the fuck away from me." She says as she grabs her bag and stomps away.

"Damn." I hear Ryder say from the corner of the room. "What was all that about?" He asks while he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me in for a hug.

"Let's go. We'll be late for school." I say as I pull away from him. Giving me a sympathetic smile he gets his apron off and grabs his helmet.

"Can we take my car?" I ask softly. He chuckles as he places his helmet back on the table and follows me out the door towards my car.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

So...

Who knew Ryder had a soft side. Hmm...I think I like him this way anyways.. What do you think?

Vote. Comment. Follow :)

Stay perfect xx