Turn of Events - Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

Several hours later Skye walked into the house with an outfit she wasn’t wearing earlier. It was her cheerleading outfit. I totally forgot that there were tryouts today, so she had to be there.

“How were tryouts?” I ask as she set her bag down on the kitchen table. Letting her hair down from her high ponytail she responds blank faced.

“It was boring as hell. No one has anything special these days. It’s just the blond skinny bimbos shaking their asses just because they want to wear the uniform. And the saddest thing is we might have to actually let them in if we don’t have enough people for the squad. Fucking hell” she sighs with a huff as she lands on the couch beside me.

“Sorry. I’m sure you’ll get some people by the end of next week.” I sympathetically add as she gets up to go upstairs. “Thanks hun.” She limply waves as she walks up to her room.

Should I tell her what happened here a few hours ago? Will she freak out? Yeah I bet she will, but I don’t know, Skye’s my best friend, she deserves to know what happened. But yet again she doesn’t tell me half the things she does, so why should i?

+ + +

NEXT MORNING

“Skye, hurry the fuck up.” I scream from downstairs. “We’re going to be late.”

A muffled shout came from upstairs “I’m almost done, wait.”

“What are you doing anyways? I’ll be waiting in the car. Hurry.”

Walking out the door I walked down the driveway and adjusted my bandage dress in the reflection of the car. A sudden whistle caused me to spin around so fast I dropped the keys and therefore had to bend over to get them.

“Looking good” Ryder said, as he stood by his bike carefully examining me. “You should wear that dress every day.”

Slightly embarrassed I waved, opened the door and got in. Ryder then left with a roar of his engine, and finally Skye was out of the house.

My first lesson was chemistry with Michael, so we walked to class together and sat next to each other. The class was empty when we arrived, but after a few minutes the class was filled with teenagers. The usual group of girls sat with each other, while the geeky boys who liked them would sit quietly behind them as if slaves waiting to be ordered around.

As we were half way through a titration experiment, the temptation inside me was building up. Earlier in the car Skye told me to talk to Michael about breaking up with him, and here I am just sitting here.  I don’t even know how to start the conversation.

“So, how are you and Skye?” I nervously ask. Looking away from the beaker he flashed a weak smile my way. Then finally spoke.

“We’re alright I guess. We haven’t really had any time to talk since school started.  She’s always busy with extra credit or cheerleading, or just something more important than me.”

Oh shit. Telling Michael was going to be harder that I thought. Maybe I can persuade him to break up with her or something. I can’t let this happen to him. He’s such a nice guy.

“Oh. Sorry about that. You think you want to grab some ice cream after school today?” I beam.

“Yeah sure thing.” He smiles back.

I hope this will cheer him up.

+ + + 

Yeah so this was a random chapter. Didn't really have much to say about it, but i just put it anyways. Maybe when i get inspiration again i'll upload a few more chapters during the weekend :) 

Comment, Vote and Follow :) Thanks guys