Turn of Events - Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15

“Ariaaaaaanaaaaa.” The loud scream pierced through my ears. Turning around in bed I saw Skye propped up against her desk in her silk pajamas eating a tub of yoghurt. “You really need to stop sleep talking, it’s getting weird.” She said while licking her spoon.

“Sorry about that. It’s becoming a habit.” I said, running a hand through my tangled hair.

Walking towards the bed she sat down beside me. With wide eyes she inquired. “So, who’s this Collin guy?”

“Collin? How do you know about him? I never got to tell you the story yet.” I asked curiously.

Wide eyed she responded. “Well he’s the guy you were talking about when you were sleep talking. What do you mean you never got to tell me the story?”

Sitting upright I closed my eyes and began rubbing my temples. “Skye, what exactly happened last night? I don’t remember much.”

“Well you got totally wasted and trippy and ended up lounging by the pool the whole night with your shades on. I think you passed out after an hour. Why? What happened?”  She asked.

Fucking hell I screamed internally. It was just a fucking dream, there’s no dream guy I screamed again.

“Well this is fucking fantastic. I thought I hooked up with this amazing guy I bumped into at the mall, but now that you said that I was dreaming, then that would explain why it was too good to be true.” Huffing and sighing I collapsed back into bed and buried myself under the cover.  Skye leaned in and gave me a hug. I didn’t feel comforted at all. All I could feel was the weight of her body hanging over me.

*  * * * *

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

SKYE’s POV

“Can you believe we only have one more year? Then we can finally get out of this place.” said Arianna as she smacked on some red lipstick in the car.

“I can’t wait. This is going to be the best year ever.” I concluded.

Pulling into the school parking lot it felt a lot more like home. Seeing the familiar faces and getting back into the normal routine was comforting. Walking through the main halls was refreshing. I was greeted by my usual population of the school, while Arianna followed shyly by my side.

The halls were instantly flooded with curious teenagers, each asking one another if Arianna was really this thin. Simply dismissing them I turned to her.

“Hey, those guys over there are checking you out.” I whispered to her. Slowly turning around she noticed the group of boys poised on their lockers all winking and smiling. Turning back quickly she turned as red as a tomato.

“No. They’re looking at you Skye. How could they be looking at me?” She blushed.

“Well, because you’re freaking hot that’s why. Now embrace that shit and work it.” I said, holding her by her shoulders.

“Thanks. Anyways, I have Music with Miss Van D So I’ll see you later?” She asked.

I replied with a nod and we headed our separate ways.

++++++

ARIANNA’s POV

Walking into the music room I found a group of girls gathered around a table giggling. Walking further into the class I realized they weren’t looking at something, but rather someone. Slowly finding a seat away from the havoc I noticed the other guys in the class were all glaring with envy at the new kid in our class.

Finally Miss Van D came in and we started our lesson as soon as the bell rang. I never really looked back to see how the new kid looked, and I definitely wasn’t going to turn around now, so I would just have to wait until the end of class.

“Alright class, let me pair up and then you’ll perform a 1 minute duet of your choice with your partner.”  Yelled Miss Van D. “Megan and Scott, Sidney and Kendall, Jason and Ashley, Simone and Ian, Liz and Bob, Tanya and Sasha, and finally Arianna and our new comer Ryder.”  When she said this the whole lot of girls all sighed with sadness and frustration.

Arianna and who? I thought to myself. Well I guess I didn’t have to wait until the lesson to see what he looked like. Slowly turning around I was shocked to see that I was face to face with my fantasy guy. It was Collin. I mean Ryder. What’s going on?

Before I could say a word, he stopped me with his oh so gorgeous smile and spoke.

“I was thinking ‘Lucky’ By Jason Mraz. I know the chords, we can both sing.”

That was all he needed to say in a British accent to make me blush. Nodding at him like an idiot we went to the corner of the class and started to practice.

After we sang the song a few times we introduced ourselves and started talking.

“So how do you like school so far?” I intervened while he was playing a few random chords on the acoustic guitar he had picked. 

Looking up with his emerald eyes, he gave me a smirk then answered.  “It’s only been one lesson. But so far you’re the only girl who hasn’t drooled over me, so I like your company so very much.”

Was it strange that I dreamt about him? He had the exact same face and the exact same accent.

The only thing that I didn’t get right was his name. Collin? Seriously? What kind of lame ass name is Collin? Jeez.

Snapping out of my thoughts I replied him. “Yeah well, girls around here tend to get a bit thirsty and crave attention from anyone who even shows the slight interest in them. You get how that could be really annoying right?”

He nodded at me and then Miss Van D called us to perform first. After we performed we sat down and watched the rest do their duets while we watched silently. A hand tapped my shoulder and I turned around to Ryder whispering in my ear during Simone and Ian’s performance. “You have such a sexy voice. You killed it.”  Then he winked at me.

The bell finally rang and we parted ways and didn’t see each other for the rest of the morning periods until lunch where I saw him sitting with a few Jocks.

Skye waved at me and I found my way to her table where Michael was happily by her side and Tyler was busy texting on his phone. Sliding into a chair I said hello and they all replied back. Lunch was fun as we talked about the stuff that happened during summer and how our first day had been so far.

After lunch Skye pulled me to the bathroom for a minute and walked around the confined space nervously as she found a way to start her sentence.

“I want to break up with Michael.” She finally broke out. The shock on my face clearly said it all as she tried to rephrase the question. “I mean, I talked to someone today and he made me feel special and I want him. Is that wrong? I mean I know this sounds harsh and everything but it doesn’t feel the same anymore if you get what I mean.” She paused.

“Skye, Michael is amazing and you would be stupid to let him go. I see the way you guys look at each other and it doesn’t seem like there’s anything wrong. It’s your life anyways, but let me ask you something, is he worth it?”

She stopped pacing and gave me a stressed look. I finally decided to break the silence.

“Who is this guy anyways? What’s so special about him that you want to break up with Michael?”

Playing with her fingers and nails, she finally responded. “His name is Ryder. I met him today in French.”

Oh, Well now I know why she would want to break up with Michael.

+ + + + 

So hey there guys, sorry i didn't upload on sunday as i usually do but i got really busy. But here we go. I just finished this up right now and yet again i always seem to find a way to change things up in the story, so let's see where this goes.

Comment and tell me what you think.. and most importantly vote :) Would appreciate it! 

Thanks for the support guys :) Got over 1,000 reads now! 

Take care xxx