Chapter 19: Truth or Dare?

James looked at me expectedly when the bottle landed on me. Ughhhh. I cursed mentally. Why me?!?!?!

Courtney stood up holding the bottle in her hand and said, "Truth or Dare?"

Who said I was daring? I would probably leave the game than doing any stupid dares these guys tell me to. So I chose truth. What could they possibly ask?

"Truth." I said hesitantly.

Seeing as Courtney was the one asking the question, it was just expected.

"Describe James in one word, being completely honest." She said, grinning.

Ugh.

I looked at James suddenly and heat rushed to his cheeks like it always did to mine when attention turned towards me. And that made him look so cute that I almost blushed.

“Annoying.” I said looking at him straight in the eyes. Of course I wasn’t gonna praise him in front of him.

He gave an amused smile like he totally saw that coming, yeah well I hardly show him that I like him as a person, sort of.

“NOO!” Courtney groaned. “I said describe him nicely in one word.” She said clearing her point.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not doing this.”

“You have to, or else you know the punishment for leaving the game.” Amanda said grinning.

If we didn’t complete our dare or didn’t answer honestly we were to be pushed off the cliff into the freezing water. And it was 8 degrees already. I couldn’t afford that.

I didn’t even know what to say. He was sitting right there in front of me and everyone was gaping at me intently like they wanted an answer out of me right away. I hesitated and my lips quivered. I wasn’t a person who got all the attention and getting one now over this question was so weird I wanted to hide.

I glanced at Melanie who was sitting beside Amanda, also eager for my answer. What was I supposed to say when I didn’t know myself?

Melanie whispered something in Amanda’s ear when she cleared her throat. “Somebody says, just clear your mind and think. Whatever comes to your mind when you see James will be the answer. Simple.” Amanda said, obviously quoting Melanie. She was still not talking to me.

I smiled at her childish act and closed my eyes thinking about it and it just caught me right away. I opened my eyes to find James far from the circle where we were playing Truth and Dare. He was on the phone talking to someone.

“Okay he’s not here. Just say it.”

And without thinking I just spoke up, “He’s…he’s breathtaking.” I sighed.

I noticed a smile on Melanie’s face, followed by the ‘awws’ of others. I really really hope nobody tells him this.

He returned with a poker face, not able to read by me as he sat in his spot between Damian, Conan and some other guy. Oh did I mention Conan was playing too? And that Melanie and Conan were passing death stares to each other once in a while?

“Okay then!” Courtney, who volunteered this game shouted.
She came in the center spinning the bottle once again as she sat down eagerly waiting for it to stop. This time it landed on Melanie.

Melanie rolled her eyes. “Truth or dare?” Courtney asked.

“I’m an open book. Truth. Go on.” Melanie blurted out.

Amanda whispered something in Courtney’s ears and she nodded gleefully. James stood up and walked over to Amanda, whispering something in her ear which then passed on to Courtney. What were they up to?